50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: marriage to usc

hi! if i get married to a usc now, will the bcis give me b.S. if usc is almost twice my age? i have been traumatized by girls my age, hence i am now wanting a marriage just for companionship's sake. what are the forms we need to file and how long will it take for me to get a work permit? it would be embarassing for me to rely on her for the things i need. and i really want to help her in her bills and stuff. can someone tell me how long before i get a permanent gc? can someone guide me on what to do?

hi! if i get married to a usc now, will the bcis give me b.S. if usc is almost twice my age? i have been traumatized by girls my age, hence i am now wanting a marriage just for companionship's sake. what are the forms we need to file and how long will it take for me to get a work permit? it would be embarassing for me to rely on her for the things i need. and i really want to help her in her bills and stuff. can someone tell me how long before i get a permanent gc? can someone guide me on what to do?

Hi Jul

Please read post by Jhumpir9 on page 2 dated nov 4. should be interesting reading for you.

timeframes for paperwork depend on what state ur in. Where are you? Are you out of status right now?

hi 4now. i forgot to mention that i am now out of status since dec. 2002. and if i am planning to go back to my home country for a while will i be barred from entering the us again? when can i go back to my home country if that is the case? i just have to take care of some important personal matters thus the reason for me wanting to go back to my home country. thanks for your help

If you leave the country while you are out of status, you'll be barred from re-entry. Dont leave the country until your status is legal, and you have advance parole.

if you get your EAD is that considered legal status? or do you have to wait for the green card? so how long after we apply, if we get married now do we get the necessary papers for me to back to my home country? i am in illinois.

Hi Jul

When you file the paperwork after you get married, the I-130 filed by your wife is the petition for relative to stay in the country.*** this is the key to have this one processed. you can apply for I-765 to be able to work. the I-485 is the petition that requests for your status to become legal. It will be the "pending" adjustment of Status (AOS). When you have this first interview and it is approved, then you will have your adjustment of Status and receive conditional greencard if approved. Your wife or someone will have to financially sponser you to stay here also. Also, you will have to apply for advanced parole to be able to travel outside of the US.

Now please note and read other threads recently on advanced parole.(ZABZUB & Jack) Because your status in pending, advanced parole is a must. There is no guarantee that you will be allowed re-entry in the U.S. becauase of your pending AOS.