50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help get my wife back to me! Sammy?

Hi, I am new to this bullentin board and really need help to get my lovely wife back beside me. So, anyone out there who knows what to do, please help me by giving me some advise on how to quickly get my wife back to me. I am a LPR:
    My wife arrived yesterday morning in Seattle but was told to return to her home country because they suspect that she has immigrant intend. But that's not the case. She has a valid passport and US visa to enter. However, after she told the immigration officer that her husband is here doing his business, they brought her to a room and treated her like a criminal. She was photographed and finger printed! She wasn't even allowed to make a phone call to me when I was just outside waiting to meet her. She finally called me from the plane after it has departed Seattle. My heart broke when she was telling me she is on the way back to Malaysia because of what had happened. She was in tears.
    My wife was asked what's the reason for entering US. She told the officer she is here to visit her friends and relatives. She was in the US legally from Dec.02' till May03'. She left on the day I-90 expired. After she told them that her husband was here too, they got suspicious and brought her to a room for further interrogation. INS officers told her that she cannot enter US using a visitor visa instead should be using a V visa. After all the proceedings, she was told to return immediately to her home country. They also cancelled her valid US visa on her passport and stamp the following in the book:
    [Revoke from SEA and Application withdrawn, Pursuant to 22CFR 41,122(h)(3), 212(a) 7A1]
    Is this bad for her?
    I have not file a petition I-130 for her because we never had the intention for her to stay for long period of time. At most a few mths per visit. As she is still required to look after her dad's business. She is not required to work here as I can support her. After reviewing INS website, I understand there is a new V1-visa for spouses. However, I am afraid that I won't qualify for it as I have not met the criterias as stated in the website. Does that mean I won't be able to see her for at least the next 3 years?
    Can anyone in this bullentin board give me some advise as to go about returning my wife to me? Can she reapply for a tourist visa to enter US again? This is the only solution that I can think of as it seems like the fastest way for me to see her again. Are there any provisions that would allow her to visit me as a nonimmigrat as we currently have no intention to apply her as a LPR?
    I sincerely hope there is someone in the bullentin board who can help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am new to this bullentin board and really need help to get my lovely wife back beside me. So, anyone out there who knows what to do, please help me by giving me some advise on how to quickly get my wife back to me. I am a LPR:
    My wife arrived yesterday morning in Seattle but was told to return to her home country because they suspect that she has immigrant intend. But that's not the case. She has a valid passport and US visa to enter. However, after she told the immigration officer that her husband is here doing his business, they brought her to a room and treated her like a criminal. She was photographed and finger printed! She wasn't even allowed to make a phone call to me when I was just outside waiting to meet her. She finally called me from the plane after it has departed Seattle. My heart broke when she was telling me she is on the way back to Malaysia because of what had happened. She was in tears.
    My wife was asked what's the reason for entering US. She told the officer she is here to visit her friends and relatives. She was in the US legally from Dec.02' till May03'. She left on the day I-90 expired. After she told them that her husband was here too, they got suspicious and brought her to a room for further interrogation. INS officers told her that she cannot enter US using a visitor visa instead should be using a V visa. After all the proceedings, she was told to return immediately to her home country. They also cancelled her valid US visa on her passport and stamp the following in the book:
    [Revoke from SEA and Application withdrawn, Pursuant to 22CFR 41,122(h)(3), 212(a) 7A1]
    Is this bad for her?
    I have not file a petition I-130 for her because we never had the intention for her to stay for long period of time. At most a few mths per visit. As she is still required to look after her dad's business. She is not required to work here as I can support her. After reviewing INS website, I understand there is a new V1-visa for spouses. However, I am afraid that I won't qualify for it as I have not met the criterias as stated in the website. Does that mean I won't be able to see her for at least the next 3 years?
    Can anyone in this bullentin board give me some advise as to go about returning my wife to me? Can she reapply for a tourist visa to enter US again? This is the only solution that I can think of as it seems like the fastest way for me to see her again. Are there any provisions that would allow her to visit me as a nonimmigrat as we currently have no intention to apply her as a LPR?
    I sincerely hope there is someone in the bullentin board who can help me. Thanks in advance.

i am so sorry this happened to you guys!

Can anyone help??

That's scary, wish I knew of something helpful to say.... I'm running to see what a V1 visa is.

I hope this sort of things don't happen to anyone else. I am lost at what to do. Does anyone know if my wife can visit me while I process the I-130 for her? Do I really need to wait 3 years before US allows her to come in? Your expert advise is much appreciated.

Is there really no one who can advise me? Sammy, where are you when I need you? Please help. God bless.

I am sure now that your wife won't be able to come here on any nonimmigrant visa because INS now knows that she has husband here as a LPR, and there is no way she can prove contrary to their presumtion of her having immigrant intent. The reasons she was questioned because-[1] she made a trip after a short time of leaving the U.S., [2] she stayed here up to full six month on her last trip even though it's okay under the law because she did not overstay, but it does raise a doubt in their mind because nobody stays for that long if they are coming here for only visit friends and family. In addition, INS gets more suspicious when they find out that a person can stay away up to 6 months to another country as if they don't have nothing to do in their own country, [3] and the main reason is that she disclosed about you, which she should have not.

Now, there is only two choice you have to see your wife- [1] file I-130 for her so that she can able to come here after 3 yrs of its filing, or [2] you should visit her where she is living. I just don't understand how you [or yr wife] can justify to anyone that your wife has no intention to live here permanantely especially when you are here- isn't it husband and wife supposed to live together rather than apart from each other? And, how can you or her justify for her staying here previously for 6 months especially when she has business to handle there. Believe me, INS is not that stupid as you or other think. They deal these types of cases on daily basis for their living. She was fingerprinted and photographed so that she won't be able to enter by using another passport in another name.

I'm really sorry to hear what has happenned. Lawyers we talked to before has mentioned this happening. You might call around with different lawyers and try to get as much info you can get from them while you are waiting for Sammy or anybody to response. I assume ur in Seattle. I heard Seattle is a tough Port of Entry. Try to call Bart Klein (sp) in Seattle. We have talk to him a few times and he seems pretty decent. I hope Sammy can give some advise. Good luck.

And, one more thing, why are you now so desparate to see your wife, especially when you never want her to stay here long time [as you said]. You should know that your wife can not use nonimmigrant visa for longer stay, and INS has the right to deny/revoke her entry/visa anytime they want. You should also know that a person on nonimmigrant visa can not stay here that long as your wife stayed [even though it is permitted under the law], and make frequent visit [even though her visa is good for multiple entry], because it does look fishy to me and of course to INS also.

Why don't you visit her to her country, because you don't want her to stay here that much longer anyway? You are allowed to travel and isn't her dad's business would suffer if she would come over here that often and stays that long, if she really cares about her dad's business.

There is no doubt that Seatle is the TOUGHEST port of entry in the U.S., since I have known so-so-so many similar cases. I will never advise anyone to get off there. After Seatle is Hawaii is the next, and then Miami. Be careful, if you or your loved-one land on these cities even though you have valid visa or passport, they are very tough in dealing with immigrant.