50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need sound advice!Umesh,Mohan,anyone welcome and thankyou.

I salute the forum and pay my respects to all the elites helping folks like me.Now to my situation:- came to this land as a student in 2001.Currently undocumented and/or out of status.I applied for GC and wonthe lottery for which im grateful.The problem is I don't know what to do now as I know I have the option of applying to adjust my status from here but I think im ineligible so please furnish me with info about what I can do and if a good lawyer would help me out.please note my passport is still valid as wellmy i-94. any info will be grately appreciated towards my situation.thankyou again for your time.

I salute the forum and pay my respects to all the elites helping folks like me.Now to my situation:- came to this land as a student in 2001.Currently undocumented and/or out of status.I applied for GC and wonthe lottery for which im grateful.The problem is I don't know what to do now as I know I have the option of applying to adjust my status from here but I think im ineligible so please furnish me with info about what I can do and if a good lawyer would help me out.please note my passport is still valid as wellmy i-94. any info will be grately appreciated towards my situation.thankyou again for your time.

Well, really wish I could give anything to go by apart from wish you all the best in your undertakings.Hopefully the more informed readers in this forum will rise to the occasion and impart some big brother/ sister advise.

Your case is typical and not unsual so take heart and consult a reliable attorney to guide and advise you on what to do next as concerns filling and filing your GC forms. You might have to pay a penalty fee of I think $1000 for working illegaly though not sure but I take to be a small price for what you might get if at all you make it.

I take pity in your situation but don'y fret like most cowards but continue taking action untill you acquire the GC.In the meantime how about you sign for the attorney discussions on this forum maybe you might glean some sound advise.

To monax8 :
    Your post is not clear as you have mentioned that you are undocumented and you have also mentioned that your Passport and I-94 are valid. Anyway, you should seek services of a good Immigration Attorney who specializes in Visa Lottery cases. There should be no problem in your case as your entry was legal.
    Good luck.

deport illegal aliens

Hi Umesh and thankyou for your wise counsel.PLease read this again and if different then advise me further.As I mentioned I came as as legal student but dopped out and joined the masses working illegally.SO because of being out of status and working, is this reason enough to deny me AOS since I won lottery.Does the $1000 fine still exist and if so, am I guaranteed to get the GC after payin it? IF you think a lawyer can help me then please refer me to one preferably in eastcoast as Im in philly or newyork.How much can I expect to pay for legal assistance for my situation? IS it advisable to go back home after I get a visa appointment to try my luck there assuming it does not work out here? Don't mean to bother you with so many questions but understand im limited in my scope about the legalities involved and will profoundly appreciate everybody's positive input.Godbless us all.

sorry to tell you this..but if you were illegal here there is nothing you can do to adjust your statut even if you won the lottery..you do not qualify...
    good luck

Good you looking upto the Lord to make a way