free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Child Status Protection Act-VISA ISSUED AFTER AUGUST 6

dear easy_cspa, president boni and all,

if things are what they mean as what easy_cspa has written, what about my case?? my mom was issued visa last november 14, 2002 and they are already in US and i was left out, am i still available of the CSPA benefits?? or i cant anymore since they have been issued visa already?? i dont think its fair if i wouldnt be able to avail of the CSPA since the visa was adjudicated after August 6, 2002- the day the law was signed and not before such date.

what do u think are my chances?? im an f3 derivative beneficiary. our priority date became current May 2002 and my mom was issued visa just recently, november 14, 2002. i am 24 years old and our priority date is november 1988. the ones currently processed for f2b in manila now is 1994.
    what are my chances???

pls comment

dear easy_cspa, president boni and all,

if things are what they mean as what easy_cspa has written, what about my case?? my mom was issued visa last november 14, 2002 and they are already in US and i was left out, am i still available of the CSPA benefits?? or i cant anymore since they have been issued visa already?? i dont think its fair if i wouldnt be able to avail of the CSPA since the visa was adjudicated after August 6, 2002- the day the law was signed and not before such date.

what do u think are my chances?? im an f3 derivative beneficiary. our priority date became current May 2002 and my mom was issued visa just recently, november 14, 2002. i am 24 years old and our priority date is november 1988. the ones currently processed for f2b in manila now is 1994.
    what are my chances???

pls comment

At this point in time, it is not easy to comment on asy_cspa's case till we have all the facts. Once he has laid out the facts, we all will be able to determine a course of action.

It is clear that the US Consulate in Manila is not in an independent position to help you. Once the first test cases ( I hate to tell you , you are probably one of the first test case in Manila)are decided, it will be easy for local consulates to implement policy.

In the mean time, you should have the original petitioner contact the NVC and see if they can get any where with them. NVC can always amend the original number of people in the file and send it to the US Consulate in Manila.

Since you have waited this long, wait for a few days to see what exactly easy-cspa did in the case of his nephew/niece.

I said again and again that those secondary beveficiaries who are not barred by Section 8. (EFFECTIVE DATE) ARE COVERED BY CSPA.

Your parent's petition was approved before the CSPA but the application for immigrant visa was finally determined ater the CSPA TOOK effect. I believe that you were one of those who aged out inspite of the "REDUCED BY" formula and therefore, your case fall under the "RETENTION OF PRIORITY DATE". Automatic conversion on this section of the law is bone of contention among various schools of thought and I thing I belong to the minority. Let us wait for the regs.