free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: President Barack Obama Watch-The SECOND 100 Days 2009

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    These are the "other" "honest errors" that had to be correded when the return was amended.

The amended returns contain various other tax adjustments identified during a review of Mr.
    Geithner's returns. Additional tax of $4,334 and interst of $1,232 applies to these adjustments.

Items adjusted include a ten percent early withdarawal penalty on a distribution from a retirement plan maintained by the federal government

and a section 179 deduction for equipment used in a business that was discontinued,

<span class="ev_code_RED">I suppose he never heard of recapture</span>

an additional charitable contribution deduction for non cash items,

a reduction in utitlities expense to account for personal use,

investment interest expense,

and reductions to the dependent child care credit. Mr. Geithner included payments to overnight camps in his dependent cared credit computations for years 2001 , 2004, and 2005.

The accountant who prepared his 2006 tax return apprised him that payments to overnight camps were not allowabale expenses for purposes of the credit but he did not file amended returns at the time to correct the prior years.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This is a crook and unpatriotic thief. Is this the right man for the job? Just say NO. Character and competence is everything in a job of this proportion!</span>

full reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm . . . just wondering if a Republican President would have gotten away with this appointment? Seems ironic the post of Secretary of Treasurer was filled by someone who had their own issues with taxes. Perhaps he and his underlings will be more forgiving of Americans who have problems paying their personal taxes??? If so, I fully support his appointment because the IRS can cause serious nightmares in a person's life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    As a matter of common sense and lets throw in a little bit of moral conscience. Each of us becomes familiar with our work being taxed the moment we get our very first paycheck. Anyone object? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah, for starters, one does not get a "paystub" each time one is paid. They get a quarterly statement and an annual statement to assist with preparing their tax returns. In other works, no W-2 or 1099 is issued. Federal law exempts IMF and other international organizations from withholding and information return requirements. Even 4now's link acknowledges this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With that, how can he claim he forgot. For someone to be the leader of an organization. Shouldn't we expect him to have a bit more knowledge than your average H&R block 90 day tax school grad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    H&R block, Jackson Hewitt, or other tax factories are not equipped or experienced to answer these questions. Neither is the IRS Customer Call Site at 1-800-829-1040. You know Davdah, the number that one can call to get the "tax experts." If you call customer service and talk to a CSR, you have a 90% chance that the response would be "This is out of scope. Go seek a tax professional." This is why I said that if Geithner used Turbo Tax or similar software, it probably did not do a very good job. The other thing is he is not a tax attorney or a CPA. His degree is not condusve to tax.

Only the Big 4 accounting firms and smaller firms who handle international transactions or exclusively represent expats have the on site expertise for such matter. I do not expect you to properly fill out even a 11040 since you cannot even add, subtract, multiply, or divide correctly when you do your own tax return.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not alone in this corner. Obama himself needed guidance and input during a news conference to explain his exec order for Gitmo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What does the Gitmo order have anything to do with Geithner? Even President Bush and John McCain needed help when answering questions. This is a non issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is this the new excuse for failure being floated already? Preemptive ignorance. Slick move. I'll give them that. They can always come back and say. We tried the best we could. We just didn't know what we were doing. We forgot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Who said anything about being an excuse. Because of RRA 98, IRS has become more lenient in forgiving penalties. In fact, for first time requests, there does not even have to be an explanation. And first time is defined as no balance dues or requests for the last three years. Keep in mind Davdah, this came from a Republican Congress.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hmmmm . . . just wondering if a Republican President would have gotten away with this appointment? Seems ironic the post of Secretary of Treasurer was filled by someone who had their own issues with taxes. Perhaps he and his underlings will be more forgiving of Americans who have problems paying their personal taxes??? If so, I fully support his appointment because the IRS can cause serious nightmares in a person's life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Proud,
    Most people have their own issues with taxes. The thing that I see is that this is really a red herring in the argument. What I am surprised about is that 4now should have attacked Geithner on his help the the past stimulus bill, which helped banks get that free money. And if the situation was reversed, then the Republicans would propped Geithner as the poster child for either the National Retail Sales Tax or the Flat Tax while "condoning" his "mistakes." The Democrats would be doing what Davdah and 4now are doing right now.

BTW, there have been admistration officials who have or had tax problems, but who remained in office. President Bush was one and so was Spencer Abraham.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Would love to reply with first hand experience! However cannot. What 4now and Davdah expresses Sounds pretty darn close!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Still drumming excuses. Bottom line is this. There is no excuse. When you are audited aren't you told it is your responsibility to correctly do your taxes? Otherwise, how can fines be justified? With as many people in the same boat at the IMF I'm sure instructions were given to those affected. Obviously so since loans were offered to people to cover upcoming tax liability. He asked for and received a loan to pay those taxes. He was aware of it at the time. He chose not to pay. Simple as that. He is a tax cheat and liar. Good man for the IRS I suppose. You yourself said the assumption you made in the past was each person was a liar and cheat. Here we have one on open display and your squirming for him. No objectivity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah, The gross up was NOT A LOAN! Even 4now's link from the Senate states it was not a loan. It was a part of the salary. Working for an international organization has very complicated tax matters that apparently you just cannot comprehend no matter how hard you try. Even the IRS has admitted this. Again, international taxation is some of the most complicated tax code that the IRS has ranging from IRC 901, 911, 972, 988, and others. And given that he is not a tax attorney or CPA and that is why I understand where he is coming from.

When you receive the IRS notigication, Publication 556 advises you of your rights. One is that it sis your right to bring a tax professional (CPA or enrolled agent) in or an attorney. You are given an opportunity to present your information of what is being audited, and you are even given a chance to appeal either within the IRS or to the Tax Court. This is an administrative issue. He paid the taxes and interest. Even the IRS auditor told him he could get the penalties waived, which he did.

This was not a choice that he did not pay. Given the facts and circumstances, and based on what he said, and that no civil penalites were incurred, this was an honest mistake. But then again, are you not cheating on your taxes too Davdah by claiming that you are a nonresident of California even though you spend a majority of your time in California. I guess lying for your own sake by fraudulently claiming a homestead exemption in Texas makes you an exception.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What I meant about preemptive ignorance was in reference to the manufacturing of expected imperfection. So when they do screw up, and they will. The emphasis will be on their effort. Not the result. This would never be acceptable in an Republican administration. Personally I think the sour results we are bound to receive are planned. What better way to build a voter base of have nots and create a nanny state then to demolish the economy in its fragile state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nice 180 degree turnaround Davdah. Making excuses for people who should now better. You cannot have it both ways Davdah.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When Bush had an approval rating of 80+ after 9-11 the Dems were unified in voice that they must question and decent his every move. Supposedly under the guise of being patriotic. Another lie. Now, Obama is saying decent is unpatriotic when it comes to questioning his plan. More so than ever debate is needed. For any politician to say do as I say and don't question requires calling into the open their motives. So much for the promised transparency. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is part of the petty politics that I am referring to and why I will never register for any political party. Eemcorats went after Bush because of the Prepublicans went after Clinton, Now the Republicans will go after Obama because the Democrats went after Bush. And the so forth and so forth. Political payback is hell, don't you think Davdah. It is why I believe that we need to rescind part oft he 12th Amendment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're right 4now. There is no way in hell if it were a repub would the media or the legislature let this one slide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No, the situation would be reversed Davdah. The Dems would say, "Another Republican Tax Cheat" and the Republicans would just "make excuses." You will be extremely naive, not to mention totally ignorant, if you did not believe how the arguments would remain the same, just said by different sides.

Please members remember, this FORUM is ONLY for immigration questions and answers ONLY. Like the webpage says "discussion board to post your immigration questions" If you wanna discuss political issues,presidentional issues, tax issues...Join a political webpage/forum. Remember,people do not visit/join this webpage to hear peoples issues or opinions with political parties or tax issues etc!!! We all came here for the first time,to hear,get answers, give answers for Immigration reasons ONLY. None of us joined this group to hear political issues,unless it involves directly Immigration issues! Thanks!

Is all Connected in The Long Run!!! .
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

If it be a mistake or not. He is obviously not the right guy for the job. In any profession if an aspect of the job is beyond the scope of an individuals capacity they should seek additional assistance. That is what an honest or responsible person does. This clown just said screw it. I can claim ignorance and people like hudson will give me a pass.

And yes they should know better. Or at least own up to the fact they don't and get the proper help to insure accuracy. Instead, the stage is being set to claim stupidity as the excuse for their train of failures looming on the horizon.

BTW, I do not claim as a non-resident of California or a homestead in Texas. Since my primary residence in still in California, wish it weren't, I use no leverage or any loopholes in reference to Texas. Texas is merely the location of some of the rentals, that's it. But that is just me. Something called being honest. A foreign concept to the obama administration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah,
    You are lying now as you have lied before. According to your info and when you first came on board, you were moving your residence to Texas in order to use Tesas prenuptial laws for your marriage. You have to be a resident of Texas to do that. And yes, you have used "those loopholes" to get what you want. But you see, that is part of your motous operandi. You want the laws to apply to others, but not to yourself.

Now, take for example what you said. If you cannot add, subtract, multipy, or divide, if you cannot do your own taxes correctly, that means no errors mathematical or otherwise, you sould not be in the rental business. Oh by the way, you use those loopholes when you take rental losses and tax deductions. They are not required under federal tax law, but are allowed if you are able to prove it.

Now, before you make another grand assumption while lying, all I said is I do not see a problem. It has nothing to do with honesty or political party affiliation. I would be making the same analysis if the treasury nominee, who happens to be party unaffiliated, was nominated by a Republican.

Again, you are wrong now just as you are wrong with that Santa killer who falsely claimed his son that he abandoned.

All of Nigeria celebrate the election of our native-born Barack Saddam Hussein Obama and final end to the white devil US of A!!! He is great muslim hero from Nigeria !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hmmmm . . . just wondering if a Republican President would have gotten away with this appointment? Seems ironic the post of Secretary of Treasurer was filled by someone who had their own issues with taxes. Perhaps he and his underlings will be more forgiving of Americans who have problems paying their personal taxes??? If so, I fully support his appointment because the IRS can cause serious nightmares in a person's life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Proud,
    Most people have their own issues with taxes. The thing that I see is that this is really a red herring in the argument. What I am surprised about is that 4now should have attacked Geithner on his help the the past stimulus bill, which helped banks get that free money. And if the situation was reversed, then the Republicans would propped Geithner as the poster child for either the National Retail Sales Tax or the Flat Tax while "condoning" his "mistakes." The Democrats would be doing what Davdah and 4now are doing right now.

BTW, there have been admistration officials who have or had tax problems, but who remained in office. President Bush was one and so was Spencer Abraham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Proud
    This person has serious character flaws and is dishonest. Yet you say you are all for him? HOw would you feel about Bernie Maddof handling your money these days? If you know a person is dishonest upfront, you dont let that person handle your money. I want someone in office that reflects my values and alledgedly the values and ideals of this country.

@Hudson

YOu already know that I was against the "Buffoon bill" and it's particulars.and that Geithner had a hand in it..which was already discussed previously. Character is everything, This "so called boy wonder" is the guy in the office that screws up and gets a reward with a promotion. You and I know these type well. This iwas Obama's chance to show some character himself by saying "maybe not" when this information surfaced about Geithner, but No, he stood by him with lame excuse that it was common and honest mistake. So much for Obama's character too.

This is not about repub or dems as you try to make it out. This is about character and actions. I told you guys during the election to do your homework on who was advising Obama and mccain. One must look to the people that are surrounding a candidate or president to see a true face. I did not like Obama financial advisors then , nor McCain's .

Geithner was audited in 2006, and still had not paid the taxes that were due. This was not an oversite, or mistake. It was his willful intention. You say that he paid the tax and that is all that matters? I think not, as he was forced to pay the tax. He is not repentant, because he did not go back and pay the years that had not been audited due to the 3 yrs statute.

Obama also promised no lobbyists either. Oh gee with one exception. What a joke. My respect for Obama's character is dwindling fast, and he appears to be nothing more than a puppet to the people surrounding him.

Again, I am shocked at your support for this guy.