50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would YOU DO--did I over step my boundarys???

OK here goes-I really need some solid advice on this I really appricate anyone taking the time to read this.
    This is my situation I am Canadaian and my boyfriend is USC. I fell in love with my boyfriend 2001 we met in Mexico, did the long distance thing for the first 6 months or so then we decided we have to be together so I got a leave from work for 3 months and got a b-2 visa at the airport even then the INS was'nt very nice to us. They really don't like you being involved with one of their own!! Anyway we had a wonderful 3 months together talked about marrige a little agreed we love to marry soon but not right now, we wanted to really get to know each other on a daily basis. Which I'm sure you'll agree is a wise choice, plus my folks would have thought I'd lost my mind... I also wanted to get married the right way. Not some quick justice of peace thing. We want to get married in Hawaii or somewhere like that which will cost a little money!! So I went back to Vancouver for a month came back to the US thru the border, no questions asked just go ahead which I thought was weird, I knew they usually ask how long for and stuff like that so I stayed in the US for another 3 months, all went well and we just enjoyed ourselves. I returned to Canada once again for 3 weeks went back over with my boyfriend, this time got a lady border guard I don't know why but there always more difficult to deal with!! Anyway I told her I was self employeed, which I know am. She wanted to see a return ticket or something drawing my back to Canada. So we were truned away.

We returned the next day after spending a sleepless night in a motel. Worried sick we tryed again. This time it was a male border guard and we got thru fine but I don't have a stanp in my pass port... Do they give them at regular border crossings?? So now I feel like I can't keep doing this am I playing a dangerous game. Is my only option to have my boyfriend file a fiancee visa. I did get advice from someone telling me to come on a visitor visa but how can I proof that I will be back after 3 months. Get married and file my AOS, So right now am I in the US illegally even if I don't have a stamp?? is my only option to go home and have him file a visa for me if so how long will we be separated???
    When we file the AOS is that the same time he has to sponser me too? I have so my questions! I would be happy to hear any feed back on my situation. I'm very open to all thoughts.

Thanx for your time...

OK here goes-I really need some solid advice on this I really appricate anyone taking the time to read this.
    This is my situation I am Canadaian and my boyfriend is USC. I fell in love with my boyfriend 2001 we met in Mexico, did the long distance thing for the first 6 months or so then we decided we have to be together so I got a leave from work for 3 months and got a b-2 visa at the airport even then the INS was'nt very nice to us. They really don't like you being involved with one of their own!! Anyway we had a wonderful 3 months together talked about marrige a little agreed we love to marry soon but not right now, we wanted to really get to know each other on a daily basis. Which I'm sure you'll agree is a wise choice, plus my folks would have thought I'd lost my mind... I also wanted to get married the right way. Not some quick justice of peace thing. We want to get married in Hawaii or somewhere like that which will cost a little money!! So I went back to Vancouver for a month came back to the US thru the border, no questions asked just go ahead which I thought was weird, I knew they usually ask how long for and stuff like that so I stayed in the US for another 3 months, all went well and we just enjoyed ourselves. I returned to Canada once again for 3 weeks went back over with my boyfriend, this time got a lady border guard I don't know why but there always more difficult to deal with!! Anyway I told her I was self employeed, which I know am. She wanted to see a return ticket or something drawing my back to Canada. So we were truned away.

We returned the next day after spending a sleepless night in a motel. Worried sick we tryed again. This time it was a male border guard and we got thru fine but I don't have a stanp in my pass port... Do they give them at regular border crossings?? So now I feel like I can't keep doing this am I playing a dangerous game. Is my only option to have my boyfriend file a fiancee visa. I did get advice from someone telling me to come on a visitor visa but how can I proof that I will be back after 3 months. Get married and file my AOS, So right now am I in the US illegally even if I don't have a stamp?? is my only option to go home and have him file a visa for me if so how long will we be separated???
    When we file the AOS is that the same time he has to sponser me too? I have so my questions! I would be happy to hear any feed back on my situation. I'm very open to all thoughts.

Thanx for your time...

Just so you know I never stayed more than 90 days at a time in the US even without a stamp I did'nt want to overstay the visitor visa.

Did you always get a stamp before? If so, you might want to check with the INS reagarding your current status.

If you are legal I recommend that you return to Canada, and file for a fiancee visa at some point. It is undoubtedly the easiest way to go about things, especially if you are sure that you would like to get married.

If you want some more time to get to know each other, you may want to consider having your boyfriend come to Canada, or meeting in a third country for a while, in order to make sure that the INS doesn't get overly suspicious with all of your comings and goings.

Good Luck!

got a stamp once, after that I just crossed without obtaing a stamp.

You can go back to Canada and then come by Air. Your passport will be stamped. You can get married here and your husband can sponsor you and you can file for AOS and EAD at the same time.
    Good luck.

Canadians are routinely waived through at the border and that "technically" is your inspection. INS agents, however, have discretion to fully inspect you if they feel like it. In that case, you must show that your visit will in fact be temporary.

If you choose to marry and adjust your status, this probably will not raise any issues in your case. Please contact me at info@myronmorales.com if you have any questions.

OK say I get a stamp in my passport, we get married. what happens if I stay longer than my stamp will allow, will that be held against us? What happens if I'm here for 6 months and my B-2 ran out 3 months before???
    Also I'm not working for anyone right now so I have no tie to Canada so they won't issue me a stap with out a employer, right!!!
    Any insight---please

After your arrival when you will get married and file all those papers. Then you donot have to leave the United States. You will get EAD and after interview get AOS stamp. You will never have a problem thereafter. Once you are sponsored by a USC spouse and file for AOS then your Visa Visa is automatically adjusted according to your AOS. You do not have to worry about the length of entry given to you for stay.
    Good luck.

Canadian citizens do not receive a stamp in their passport. A passport is not required to cross into the US and there is no "evidence", unless you fly and keep your plane ticket.