free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITIN Vs Tax Return

Hey there, i got some questions about W-2 forms...

I worked for 8 months with a made-up SSN using my real name, im married to a USC but we have not applied for AOS.

However, if i received two W-2 forms from my former employers can i file? what about e-filing?

The information shown in the w-2 form is not the right one because incluides the fake SSN, should i just change the SSN for ITIN when filing?

A couple weeks ago i received my first W-2 and i was just checking out the E-file option on IRS.COM and by mistake i submit the form, with all the info (i use my ITIN where the SSN supposed to go)
    what is going to happen now?
    would i get a refund?
    would the SSA or IRS try to contact me??

I paid about 700 USD in tax for a company i work for 3 1/2 months, this is the w-2 form i still have... should i submit it?
    even after i send the previous one??
    what do i do with it...???

Hey there, i got some questions about W-2 forms...

I worked for 8 months with a made-up SSN using my real name, im married to a USC but we have not applied for AOS.

However, if i received two W-2 forms from my former employers can i file? what about e-filing?

The information shown in the w-2 form is not the right one because incluides the fake SSN, should i just change the SSN for ITIN when filing?

A couple weeks ago i received my first W-2 and i was just checking out the E-file option on IRS.COM and by mistake i submit the form, with all the info (i use my ITIN where the SSN supposed to go)
    what is going to happen now?
    would i get a refund?
    would the SSA or IRS try to contact me??

I paid about 700 USD in tax for a company i work for 3 1/2 months, this is the w-2 form i still have... should i submit it?
    even after i send the previous one??
    what do i do with it...???

Some1x

boy I think you just stepped in Elephant ****.

Did you have a spell and get amnesia??

Well I didnt... Actually just finished my peanuts.

This is what I told you when you asked all these questions 1 week ago. But you didnt listen So for the record I am re-posting my responses to your questions that you have re asked.

"replacing your ssn with itin." designation refers to the 1040 tax return location. nothing more is meant by that.

"YOu can take this recomendation and line out the wrong soc # and write below it your ITIN as he suggests. Your employer is the one who the burdon of proof will be on for allowing you to work without the proper documentation that let you work with a non verified name/number match."

You should know that the IRS matches name with social sec #. YOu will have to go back to your employer and ask them to prepare a W-2c (correction) to remove the errouneous ss#.

You are hearing but not listening. You cannot efile. You will waste money .. The return will not be accepted b/c when the IRS computer verifys on their end, it will be rejected for i believe a 501 error.. name not match soc security number. and your money will not be refunded. If you change the number, the efiler should note that the w-2 has been altered. If you misrepresent by changing the number on w-2 and efiling.... you could be in trouble b/c you should have had your employer correct the mistake by w2c and then filed. That would be willful misrepresentation. a paper return should be filed.

Btw Online filing requires name and social security number to match information on master file. so that's not an option for u unless you would commit fraud by lying.

I TOLD YOU THEN YOU COULD NOT EFILE BECAUSE OF THE SSN ON W-2. YOU NEEDED TO FILE A PAPER RETURN IF YOU INSISTED ON FILING. BUT YOU DECIDED TO MAKE YOUR OWN RULES.YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLACED THE SSN ON THE W-2 WITH THE ITIN. WHEN YOU E-FILED THE RETURN. THIS IS FRAUD & MISREPRESENTATION. ONLY AN EMPLOYER MAY CORRECT W-2... AND ONLY THEN WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO DO EFILE.

SSA will contact your employer.. not you.in 1 or 2 yrs.

I just read some document from IRS that indicated they are prohibited by law from sharing information with immigration on tax filing. I wouldnt be surprised if somewhere in the future they passed some laws around this. I linked thru to this unclassified IRS doc from an immigration website. It had all the statistical data about illegals filing, and how much lost revenue they claimed, and also seemed to complain about illegals claiming certain credits. As of this writing IRS cant share information with INS on your filing. However, clearly they will know you have your name and 2 different identifying numbers ur filing with.

The IRS knows this is an ongoing problem for them. Simply put, file the 1040 (w2's) utilizing an ITIN # issued by the IRS. The IRS will create file based on your ITIN (essentially they will have 2 files on you: the no match SS # and the ITIN file) They will note the fake SS# for purposes of not effecting the true carrier of the SS#)

Than you all for your posts

4now
    How am i wasting my money?? did i pay for e-file HELL NO!
    I thought i was the one with poor knowledge on filing taxes...!! I guess not...

=======================================
    N P
    Your post seems to match what i've heard about IRS handling tax returns with ITIN use...

However, i got another question...

Some people without SSN work using their ITIN... how can they do that if most people knows that if a SSN starts with a 9 is not valid to work ??

If i get a job using my ITIN since the beginning would my employer be charged a fee for hiring un-autorized workers??

Thank you again,

Some1mex

That's a whole new can of warms as they say.

The IRS/ITIN issue should not be mixed with Immigration Laws in this case. You speak of a violation of civil immigration law that has NOTHING to do with IRS regulations. The hiring of undocumented workers is the burden of the employer.

just don't file then. Believe it or not, but the IRS *rarely* finds people who don't file, or goes after people who don't file. Some people say it's your right *not* to have to file. Nowhere in the constitution does it force you to, but it's up to you.

-= nav =-

Im sorry...
    what do you mean by
    "The hiring of undocumented workers is the burden of the employer"...

Im not trying to be a smarttie, i really dont know what does that mean... my english is not that good, im still learning!

If the employer did not knnow the employee was not a SSN holder until the employee ask to a W-2c in order to file using his ITIN instead of the SSN previuosly used to get the job...

would the employer be asked to pay a fine for that???

gov't is probably only interested is going after deep pockets like walmart to send a message not to hire illegals. your mom & pop store i doubt they would come after. employers are required to verify identification when hiring you by virtue of the 1-9 form. the irs is not allowed to share your tax filing information with other agencies, period. if you want to file, get a TIN, and file.