50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I filed at NY office but they forwarded it to Missouri

I came to the US with a fiance visa (K-1). I married and filed for AOS and EAD at the NY office in July. In September I received a Notice of Action in order to schedule my fingerprints and biometrics for both applications (AOS and EAD). Apparently the Notice of Action was sent from Missouri. The addres in the bottom said "Lee's Summit, MO 64064" and my receipt number starts with MSC. I asked the INS operator and she said NY office may have sent some files to Missouri because they have too much work. Maybe I am wrong and I am just misundertanding the situation but here are my questions:

If my case is being processed in Missouri, how the NY office will interview me if they dont know anything about me (I mean, they havent studied my file?

Will it take longer to my EAD and my AOS to be solved?

Thanks to everyone.

I came to the US with a fiance visa (K-1). I married and filed for AOS and EAD at the NY office in July. In September I received a Notice of Action in order to schedule my fingerprints and biometrics for both applications (AOS and EAD). Apparently the Notice of Action was sent from Missouri. The addres in the bottom said "Lee's Summit, MO 64064" and my receipt number starts with MSC. I asked the INS operator and she said NY office may have sent some files to Missouri because they have too much work. Maybe I am wrong and I am just misundertanding the situation but here are my questions:

If my case is being processed in Missouri, how the NY office will interview me if they dont know anything about me (I mean, they havent studied my file?

Will it take longer to my EAD and my AOS to be solved?

Thanks to everyone.

As part of the government's plan to increase efficiency and customer service, in the future all family based applications will be direct filed through the National Benefits Center (MSC). NYC happens to be part of the test group.

This is being managed by the same people who have done such great things as implementing filing through the Service Centers (with only a year or two backlog) and establishing the National Customer Service Center (Motto: We give the right answer 40% of the time.)

MSC will send the file back to NYC for interview. AOS and EAD may take longer, but it will take longer with greater efficiency and improved service.

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

It's a nonsense!

If the guys at Missouri re the ones that are getting familiarize with my case, how can they other people (the New Yorkers) do the interview?

My fingerprints for AOS and EAD are schedule in 3 weeks. Any idea how long for me to receive the EAD?

Is Newark in that same testing process?will they do the same with I-751's?