Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: God Bless Josephine Schmo!

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    I am sorry to create this thread, which is not related to immigration matter; rather it is about Josephine Schmo, who is a kind, loving and helpful human being. She is also a very important part of our ILW family. As you guys already know that she is going thru lots of bad experiences in her life, so I thought I should update you guys about her current whereabouts, since she does need lots of prayers in order to get the mess out of her life.

As I talked to Jo on Sunday afternoon, she was on her way to Dallas with her husband, and they were passing thru Pennsylvania at that time. They have already left MA 6-7 hours ago by then.

I just got a call from her letting me know that they now ran off to Virginia since they found something very comfortable to them there, and now they are going to settle there instead of Dallas. I am very happy for her. I wanted to offer my help to them if ever they wanted to settle in NY, but her husband kind of insisted to move to Dallas because he has nephew there. Well, my offer would stand-by for them indefinitely. I hope you guys would pray for her too, if not as a friend then as a human being.

God Bless Her and Everyone else!

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    I am sorry to create this thread, which is not related to immigration matter; rather it is about Josephine Schmo, who is a kind, loving and helpful human being. She is also a very important part of our ILW family. As you guys already know that she is going thru lots of bad experiences in her life, so I thought I should update you guys about her current whereabouts, since she does need lots of prayers in order to get the mess out of her life.

As I talked to Jo on Sunday afternoon, she was on her way to Dallas with her husband, and they were passing thru Pennsylvania at that time. They have already left MA 6-7 hours ago by then.

I just got a call from her letting me know that they now ran off to Virginia since they found something very comfortable to them there, and now they are going to settle there instead of Dallas. I am very happy for her. I wanted to offer my help to them if ever they wanted to settle in NY, but her husband kind of insisted to move to Dallas because he has nephew there. Well, my offer would stand-by for them indefinitely. I hope you guys would pray for her too, if not as a friend then as a human being.

God Bless Her and Everyone else!

Sammy, I'm so glad you've heard from her. I've had her on my mind and wondered when we would hear anything. I'm also glad that they didn't go on to TX. She's in my prayers for sure. She needs a break!

She's back!!!!

Do tell Joey....

Thank you for your kind words Sammy, and for everyones prayers.

We left Sunday morning around 8:30 a.m. It was bitter cold and I hightailed it South, not quite sure of my destination.

From looking at the map, I decided Richmond VA was too close to DC and decided to head directly towards Dallas.

After about 600 miles, our engine light came on. I pulled off and added anti freeze, but decided not to risk breaking down in the middle of nowhere between Nashville and Dallas.

I chose a town I thought might be decent to break down in, and drove another 150 miles.

We got a hotel room and the next two days I looked for an apartment and for work.

The apartment is adorable. Cheap with all utilities included.

The van is running but the brakes are making a rumbling noise. So much for Massachusetts inspections.

No luck finding work, but we are out everyday looking.
    Sweet Madame Belu

I sat on my living room couch last night (furnished apartment, heh) in amazement that we finally have a place of our own, and don't have to worry about the rent and bills anymore. All that stress is gone, I'm finally safe.

I said many thanks to all the gods. We ended up camping out in the van for two days, to hold money for the apartment. I have no idea what we would have done if we didn't get this place.

A couple of my friends wanted me to abandon Mian. I could never do that. We are in this for better or worse.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Congratulations jo ...I m glad u r back on the board...Pasha

Tankies, Pasha! We bypassed your motel, I'm sorry.

The town I'm in is surrounded by mountains. I can't wait to go hiking, fishing, and canoeing this summer. Lots of caverns to explore also.

It's in the low 50's here. I couldn't believe I spent my whole life freezing to death in New England.

One minor mishap. Someone stole a box out of our van, food mostly, and my favorite coffee cup and the toaster. I forgive them cause I figure they were hungry, but they will be paid back when they eat that heartburning Walmart tuna! Money is really tight and none coming in, so I didn't need the expense of buying another toaster.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Wow sounds like a great place .... Once again congrats ... so howz Mian doing? Did he like the new place ? wow seems like u guys had little hard journey but its good that everything turned out pretty well in the end....

This poor guy has slept like a baby since we got settled. I keep asking him how it feels to finally have our own place and not be under someone elses thumb. He is so happy. He says thank you for asking, he is having sook da sa, he won't tell me what this means, but he says you will understand.

We have no t.v. and he is bored, so I have him roll cigs for me. He worries much about finding a job. No one is hiring right now.
    Sweet Madame Belu