50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: All papers were filed in 1989...MOHAN PLS

Mohan I filed my papers in 1989, my I-130 was approved but I did not know if my AOS was approve or not.The IO didn't tell me but was given a waiver to fill out. I did submit it but the check I sent out was changed few years ago so they returned it back to me.Do you think the present INS law will be applicable to me or I will be under pre-1990 law.

Mohan I filed my papers in 1989, my I-130 was approved but I did not know if my AOS was approve or not.The IO didn't tell me but was given a waiver to fill out. I did submit it but the check I sent out was changed few years ago so they returned it back to me.Do you think the present INS law will be applicable to me or I will be under pre-1990 law.

When You filed I-485?
    What amount of fees you paid ? fees is increased from 1989 to present, twice.
    IS the waiver check was cashed? when? Date?which waiver was that?

We filed for I-485 in 199o and interviewed in 1991.After interview the IO did not tell us if we were denied or not, instead he handed us to fill out the form he gave us and that was "Waiver for grounds of Excludability". I did not know how important that form was, so I did not pay any attention. But in 1995 I fill that out together with the check, I was not aware that they changed the fee for that so they returned my check back to me asking me to send the new fee which was $95.00 at that time.With the times changing now esp. INS my husband wants to finish up my papers. He called the INS gave him my A#, IO said I am not in deportation and I could just refile my papers and ask for work permit.We filed for FOIA and we are still waiting.I filed for necessary forms way back then, until I got bumped with this "Exludability form". I was just wondering though when I filled out that form, that was so simple and easy to do without any hardship on my part.I'm hearing a lot about that form now that it's so hard to get. My question is, Will I be under the law before it was changed in 1996 or I will be using a new form.They accepted my form and put in my file what they need is the correct fee which I will be sending once I get my FOIA.
    Thank you MOhan for your help, you're a great help for all of us who needs more clarification. I hope you keep on helping us, may God bless you.

You are grandfathered for I-601, But your AOS in on hold, unless you file for waiver with right fees. You can do : try to send the right amount fees ( new changed fees) with the copy of old Waiver and cover letter stating that you already filed the waiver and here is the correct fees. attach the evidence of INS communication. Lets see what happend, if INS won,t except the old form then they will ask you to file New I-601.
    Check the web site of the old waiver is still acceptable.

Thank you for your fast reply. What is the difference between I-601 in the early 90's and now? If I was grandfathered by my I-601, does it mean I don't have to show extreme hardship that is impossible to get at this time?

you have to prove the extreme hardship but I was thinking not to file the new version of I-601 as you already filed one. Just pay the appropriate fees and done.
    If INS ask you file new one then you can use same fees with the new form.