50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N-400

IS BEING OVER 7 MONTHS SINCE MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS YET.I FELT INS SHOULD WRITE TO ME AND EXPLAIN TO ME REASONS FOR THAT LONG DELAY.IN ORDER TO GET A QUICK RESPONSE FROM INS, SHOULD I SEE A LAWYER OR MY CONGRESSMAN?
    YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

IS BEING OVER 7 MONTHS SINCE MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS YET.I FELT INS SHOULD WRITE TO ME AND EXPLAIN TO ME REASONS FOR THAT LONG DELAY.IN ORDER TO GET A QUICK RESPONSE FROM INS, SHOULD I SEE A LAWYER OR MY CONGRESSMAN?
    YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Call your local service center and ask status. Hopefully, they are arraning ceremony.

Oh yeah?

Which district did you interview?
    What did the officer tell you? What did they write on your interview sheet?

You could go to the field office, and check with them in person about the status.

THANKS FOR YOUR ALL YOUR RESPONSE.DURING THE INTERVIEW, EVERYTHING WENT ON FINE.THE EXAMINER TOLD ME AFTER THE INTERVIEW THEY WILL REVIEW MY APPLICATION GET BACK TO THREE MONTHS TIME.5 MONTHS AFTER I WENT TO INS OFFICE(NYC) TO INQUIRE AND I TOLD MY APPLICATION STILL PENDING.I RECENTLY CALLED ANDTHE LADY WHO I SPOKE WITH SAID THEY HAVE SENT MY REQUEST.SHE WILL SEND ANOTHER.
    MY ONLY PROBLEM IS I WAS ARRESTED FOR DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE.EVEN THOUGH I WENT TO THE COURT FOR THE DISPOSITION BUT THE EXAMINER DID NOT ASK ME ABOUT IT SO I BROUGHT IT BACK HOME.
    I THINK 8 MONTHS VERY LONG.I AM THINKING SEEING A LAWYER OR GO TO MY CONGRESSMAN.THIS TWO, I DONT KNOW WHOM INS WILL RESPONSE IMMEDIATELY.MAY BE ONE OF YOU CAN GIVE GUIDANCE.

I had a similar case with an arrest and only asking around and pushing for a decision brought in results (a denial, but still).

I'd imagine that the officer filed your application as "abondened". He probably even filed that he requested additional information or court dispositions and that you didn't bring them in (just as nurse's in hospital do then they give you meds that you're allergic too ;-).

They frequently do these kind of things, especially if someone has some black marks, but otherwise qualifies for naturalization...

It is a long time, they should have made a decision by now. I would suggest you to download the form of Freedom of Information Act and send it to the INS. They will send you copies of your complete file. Just mention the reason that you have misplaced copies of N-400 and papers filed with the INS.
    Good luck.