free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of Status F1 Student to AOS

Hi i am an overstayed F1 student for almost 5 months now,i stopped schooling since july but the expiration date of my my I-20 is August.And i have a pending Immigrant Visa Petition,and my Priority Date is already current now.So it means that i am ready to file an Adjustment of Status anytime.My question is,since i stopped goin to school since July.And i am currently out of status for almost five months now,can i still file an AOS without any problem dealing with USCIS/INS?Do they deport me?Do they approve my application and give me a greencard without any problem?Do i need an Attorney to file my application in my behalf or can i just file my AOS Application by myself without the help of a Lawyer?Please answer my questions?thanks!

Hi i am an overstayed F1 student for almost 5 months now,i stopped schooling since july but the expiration date of my my I-20 is August.And i have a pending Immigrant Visa Petition,and my Priority Date is already current now.So it means that i am ready to file an Adjustment of Status anytime.My question is,since i stopped goin to school since July.And i am currently out of status for almost five months now,can i still file an AOS without any problem dealing with USCIS/INS?Do they deport me?Do they approve my application and give me a greencard without any problem?Do i need an Attorney to file my application in my behalf or can i just file my AOS Application by myself without the help of a Lawyer?Please answer my questions?thanks!

I am filing for AOS based on my Approved Immgirant Visa Petition(F2A) which is current starting Jan 01,2004.And im hoping for CSPA also.My Priority date is Dec.21,1998 at it was approved on Jun 13,2001,so it was pending for 2 years and six months.And i am 22 yrs.and 2 months old right now.So my age in terms of CSPA is 20 yrs.old and 2months.

Hello!please help me regarding my AOS!thanks in adavance.

When did u get the I20? and when did it expire?

I got my I-20 November 2002,then it was expired on August 2003.Do you have any idea about my case?

You are out of status.

You don't think when you go for an interview, they're not going to first look at to see if you're in status right now, and have a valid visa to evren be there?

It's SOP in most districts. Honestly, they have *no* desire to give you a GC. It's a benefit. and if you quit school, and didn't go back home -- they won't give it to you.

Talk to a lawyer right now about how you can perhaps go back home and do the interview there.

Technically. You're not supposed to be *in* the US, waiting for your GC.

-= nav =-

For AOS, you have to submit:

A. Documents that you are in "status" when you applied.

B. Documents of you still maintained your status, when you show up for interview.

C. Proof of legal entry to the US.

I think if you have the above documents, you are in a good shape.

I don't think there is other way to say this.

But the expiration of my I-94 says Valid for Duration of Status.And before i applied for F1 visa here in the US,I came here legally using V Visa (V2).Any further in formation about my case?thanks for your help guys!

We just explained it to you:

Your visa ran OUT in august.

You're out of status, cuz you have no valid visa.

You can't apply for AOS when you're now here illegally (unless married toa USC).

Start heading over to match.com if i were you.

-= nav =-