publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Citizenship interview done, Finally.

Hello All,

I went to N-400 interview for the second time last Friday. I got lucky this time, they changed the immigration officer. I got a different lady, and she was much nicer than the previous one I got.

One critical piece of information for those having their interview in New York: If you are a minority and your interview is scheduled in the afternoon, be very careful. Apparently, there are two teams of immigration officers, the ones that work in the afternoon are alot harder on minority. Well, this is the information I have as of today. It could change any time. At least, you should check which team is going to interview you.

My first interview was in the afternoon and the lady told me to bring a sealed copy of traffic tickets although I had given her the receipt and my clean DMV record. Nope, she wanted something in the envelop with the seal of a judge. Seriously, she wanted that for a traffic ticket.

My second interview was scheduled in the morning and the scond lady did not even asked me about the traffic ticket. She asked me, "why were you not approved after the first interview?" I said I needed to bring a sealed proof of my traffic ticket and I tried to hand her the envelop. She did not take the envelop, she asked me: "Did you pay the ticket?" I said yes, then she asked me to wait. She looked up a couple of things on her computer and asked me to wait. She went to see her supervior and came back and said that I was approved. I was like, that's it? She said yes and she asked me to wait for the oath letter.
    I wanted to change my name, it was like 11 am. I asked her if I could, she said that will take more time and then another team will take over the case in the afternoon and that team may not be as friendly. And then she told me this: " I know my people. Just wait for your oath letter and then change your name after you become citizen." I said ok, and 45 minutes later, I got my oath letter.

The bottom line is this: wherever you are going to have an interview, learn about the environment especially if you are a minority.

America is a great country. Unfortunately, there are still some pockets of resistance to multiculturalism and some of them happen to be in position of power to affect the lives of others.

As for me, it's been a wonderful journey and very soon I will start enjoying my life as a full fledge citizen.

Life is beautiful!

Hello All,

I went to N-400 interview for the second time last Friday. I got lucky this time, they changed the immigration officer. I got a different lady, and she was much nicer than the previous one I got.

One critical piece of information for those having their interview in New York: If you are a minority and your interview is scheduled in the afternoon, be very careful. Apparently, there are two teams of immigration officers, the ones that work in the afternoon are alot harder on minority. Well, this is the information I have as of today. It could change any time. At least, you should check which team is going to interview you.

My first interview was in the afternoon and the lady told me to bring a sealed copy of traffic tickets although I had given her the receipt and my clean DMV record. Nope, she wanted something in the envelop with the seal of a judge. Seriously, she wanted that for a traffic ticket.

My second interview was scheduled in the morning and the scond lady did not even asked me about the traffic ticket. She asked me, "why were you not approved after the first interview?" I said I needed to bring a sealed proof of my traffic ticket and I tried to hand her the envelop. She did not take the envelop, she asked me: "Did you pay the ticket?" I said yes, then she asked me to wait. She looked up a couple of things on her computer and asked me to wait. She went to see her supervior and came back and said that I was approved. I was like, that's it? She said yes and she asked me to wait for the oath letter.
    I wanted to change my name, it was like 11 am. I asked her if I could, she said that will take more time and then another team will take over the case in the afternoon and that team may not be as friendly. And then she told me this: " I know my people. Just wait for your oath letter and then change your name after you become citizen." I said ok, and 45 minutes later, I got my oath letter.

The bottom line is this: wherever you are going to have an interview, learn about the environment especially if you are a minority.

America is a great country. Unfortunately, there are still some pockets of resistance to multiculturalism and some of them happen to be in position of power to affect the lives of others.

As for me, it's been a wonderful journey and very soon I will start enjoying my life as a full fledge citizen.

Life is beautiful!

Like I said before, it sounded like the first lady was being an a-ss in asking for a sealed copy of the traffic tickets. She was probably hoping you'd give up and forget it. Congratulations Kumna. But what a waste of time and effort on both sides just because one IO has a chip on her shoulder. I could see fedNUT being like that LOL
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Congrats. I always like to know the timeframe to citizenship. Do you mind telling us and how soon is your oath ceremony

I am in favor of filing a law suit against the officer who interviewed you the first time, It is a clear sign of practicing racial discrimination with their authorities, your words described it all and hopefully other than the officer will be fired from his/her job, U must......, I SAY U MUST BE COMPENSATED for what you have gone through and in your OWN COUNTRY......' THIS IS REALLY BULL----SHYYYT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by circle:
    Congrats. I always like to know the timeframe to citizenship. Do you mind telling us and how soon is your oath ceremony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations.

You will have an opportunity to change the name at the time of oath. They will ask every one if any one want to change the name. They will do all paper-work at that time.

Listen Hindu-man the immigration officers are not hired to 'please you' it's the other way around.