50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to Mohan

First, thank you for sharing your knowledge in this forum. We're lucky to have you around.

My question: I went to special reg last december. I'm married to USC with a case pending for over a year. I was out of status for a month before sumitting my application to INS (I was preparing for my wedding no time to go to school, I could have lied, but I chose not to). During special reg, I had to deal with investigation. Of course I was harrassed and threatened together with my wife who was also harrassed and threatened and she is a U.S born. The guy questionned our marriage seperately to confirm the validity of our answers ( Had no idea how long I was out of status), threatened to come to our house to see if we lived together and finally asked me to get an EAD, which I already had. Now this is the interesting part: He gave me an appointement for feb to provide proof of current school enrollment ! (I had told him earlier that I had applied to a grad school) He also told me that it didn't matter wether it's part time or full time as long as I give him proof of registration. When all this was over, he didn't know what to do with my passport, he wandered for a while and gave it back to me. Do you have any explanation for this? Does it make sense to you? What should I expect when I see him again?

Thanks.

First, thank you for sharing your knowledge in this forum. We're lucky to have you around.

My question: I went to special reg last december. I'm married to USC with a case pending for over a year. I was out of status for a month before sumitting my application to INS (I was preparing for my wedding no time to go to school, I could have lied, but I chose not to). During special reg, I had to deal with investigation. Of course I was harrassed and threatened together with my wife who was also harrassed and threatened and she is a U.S born. The guy questionned our marriage seperately to confirm the validity of our answers ( Had no idea how long I was out of status), threatened to come to our house to see if we lived together and finally asked me to get an EAD, which I already had. Now this is the interesting part: He gave me an appointement for feb to provide proof of current school enrollment ! (I had told him earlier that I had applied to a grad school) He also told me that it didn't matter wether it's part time or full time as long as I give him proof of registration. When all this was over, he didn't know what to do with my passport, he wandered for a while and gave it back to me. Do you have any explanation for this? Does it make sense to you? What should I expect when I see him again?

Thanks.

Actually you met with the officer who don,t know what to do. Special registration is to get the information of people and track down laters in case if needed.
    he want to make sure you are enrolled in study and want to attach the proof, thats all.

thanks for the reply. What if I don't get accepted to the program, which seems like it since I haven't heard from them? can he issue an NTA against me? what should I expect in your opinion?

should I hire a lawyer?

what you mean by not accdepted ny the programme?
    You already went for registration and they let u go, they just need little more info from you and you are done. There will not be any NTA issued in your case.
    If you are detained by any reason and INS think that you required to see the Judge then they will Issue The NTA.

he asked me to bring him proof that I will be attending school again (I don't know why). What I'm saying is in case I don't get accepted to my new school and thus fail to provide such proof, can he use that against me?

Thanks.

IF you don,t get accepted then go back and tell him that you are not accepted By school. You are still under AOS as You are married to USC. You can be detaind and bonded but it s depends upon the Officer as he already let you go and you are coming back you can be released to you own recognation, and you are not flight risk.

Thank you for your help.