50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Starting Business with H4 Visa?

I am getting the H4 visa soon. I have heard that I can start own business with H4 (but can't get a job from any companies or places). Is this true? If this is true, will you tell me the detail about this issue? Thank you so much.

Kayo

I am getting the H4 visa soon. I have heard that I can start own business with H4 (but can't get a job from any companies or places). Is this true? If this is true, will you tell me the detail about this issue? Thank you so much.

Kayo

Sorry, I didn't see your question until after I had posted the other, so I am bumping you up.

The most knowledgeable will be at your service ")

God Bless and Good Luck!

To Kayo:

I was just reading a post which was in same situations like yours. I am going to post the response which was given to that person, who had H4 and wanted to start Business. Response is as under:

"The H4 visa strictly prohibits the holder from gaining any form of employment; that is, the H4 visa holder is not allowed to earn any income. As an entrepreneur, you would automatically be an employee of the enterprise. We can not conceive of a situation where the entrepreneur is not also an employee of the enterprise. You wish to call earning from entrepreneurship as business earnings, as opposed to employee earnings from employment. There is no difference! Generating income via business ownership is no different from obtaining compensation from employment. You must obtain permission from the US INS (Immigration & Naturalization Service) and a change in your visa status before you can legally launch any of the proposed ventures."

This response is very clear that you can not start your own business while on H4 and you will permission from INS and must change your status.
    Good luck.

Go and seek a lawyer's advice.
    This is serious.
    Stop paying attention to the people here such as alert, umesh,guest and so on,
    who have no one to talk to so they come here to mess people's lives.
    It's up to you.
    I just said what i've seen.

ps. Don't forget to See the attached.
    pss your problem should be heard by a lawyer before making any move.

General Site Disclaimer
    Visitors are cautioned that legal information posted on the Internet is always generalized and should not be used as the basis for making decisions about any particular set of facts. Immigration law is extremely complex. Decisions based on incomplete or inaccurate information may lead to serious adverse results, such as deportation, lengthy delays, or loss of immigration status.

Persons needing immigration help often fall prey to nonlawyers engaged in the unauthorized practice of law, who lack the knowledge and training to properly evaluate all factors in a case. If you need immigration assistance, please consult a lawyer who has solid experience in immigration law. This advice may be extremely important for you and your family. We urge you to take it seriously.

This site and the materials contained therein are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. ILW.COM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that materials in this site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that this site or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components. The documents or related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ILW.COM and its vendors and/or suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the documents and/or graphics described herein at any time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chat Disclaimer
    ILW.COM IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL ADVICE. ILW.COM is an open, non-confidential forum for legal chat and information. ILW.COM is not a law firm. ILW.COM receives no referral fees, nor any portion of any lawyer's fee. All discussion, chat, articles, information and/or materials are offered for information purposes only. The laws of each state differ and change frequently. Do not act or rely upon any of the discussion, chat, articles, resources and/or information available in or from ILW.COM without seeking professional advice, whether that advice be from an attorney-member of ILW.COM or any other lawyer you may choose to consult. The transmission of information from ILW.COM to you is not intended to create nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between ILW.COM, its employees or agents and you, nor does it constitute legal advice. Any communications between you and an attorney through ILW.COM is NOT privileged or confidential. Any lawyer you may chat with on the site may not be authorized to practice law in your jurisdiction. Although you are under no obligation to do so, you may choose to enter into an attorney-client relationship with a lawyer referred by ILW.COM subsequent to visiting the site. This relationship, if formed, will be governed by the laws and ethical rules of the relevant jurisdiction to which that lawyer is subject. Your relationship with that lawyer may also be governed in part by any retainer agreement you may enter into with that lawyer. The resources that can be accessed with hypertext links from ILW.COM are not maintained by ILW.COM. ILW.COM is not responsible for the contents of any such resources. The rules, regulations, and statutory references to legal and ethical requirements at ILW.COM are subject to revision and interpretation. Unless otherwise noted, we make no representation, warranty or claim that the information available here is current or accurate. You should contact your state or local bar for guidance on their current requirements. ILW.COM is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the resources or information available at or from ILW.COM. Reference at ILW.COM to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by ILW.COM. Your issue may involve certain deadlines and/or time related obligations. Do not rely on this communication, or any communication on this site to toll, stay or otherwise impact on any of the time considerations and/or statute of limitations that may be applicable.

This site and the materials contained therein are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. ILW.COM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that materials in this site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that this site or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components. The documents or related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ILW.COM and its vendors and/or suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the documents and/or graphics described herein at any time.

Well, I guess I will have to chat with a real lawyer sometime soon about this issue... Thanks for the responses, though...

Kayo

Has anyone really know about H4 visa? I would like to start my own business with H4 visa. Is that possible?