50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Senator Letter/Refused at Embassy

Well, I guess we need a letter from the President or what? The Senator's office is helping me get my brother-in-law home, my sister is very very sick. They wrote a wonderful letter and also we helped write a letter for my sister and brother-in-law for there I-601. They refused the letter, they gave it back to my brother-in-law, they said they don't accept any letters from Senator Office's.
    He has been gone almost 2 years and counting, just a mix up with the paper work on there marriage license. They have been married 5 years. My sister is very very sick, no financial help of any kind. She can't seem to get to first base with any public program. The INS seems to think you can live without your spouse this long, of course due to the attorney mix up on his filing of the marriage license, and of course paying him almost $ 4000.00. He has an approved I-129F and I-130. Also filed I-601 and they won't even accept the money order that was paid on US bank, they said they don't accept money orders. Only CASH. I give what next????

Well, I guess we need a letter from the President or what? The Senator's office is helping me get my brother-in-law home, my sister is very very sick. They wrote a wonderful letter and also we helped write a letter for my sister and brother-in-law for there I-601. They refused the letter, they gave it back to my brother-in-law, they said they don't accept any letters from Senator Office's.
    He has been gone almost 2 years and counting, just a mix up with the paper work on there marriage license. They have been married 5 years. My sister is very very sick, no financial help of any kind. She can't seem to get to first base with any public program. The INS seems to think you can live without your spouse this long, of course due to the attorney mix up on his filing of the marriage license, and of course paying him almost $ 4000.00. He has an approved I-129F and I-130. Also filed I-601 and they won't even accept the money order that was paid on US bank, they said they don't accept money orders. Only CASH. I give what next????

Now, I understand how right Sammy was when he used to tell us that Congresspersons can not do anything except to check the status of case for an individual. He has also said that Congresspersons can not overide the existing laws for someone without first presented in the Congress and signed by President, as well that it's a bad idea to involve congresspersons in a case because INS is a very bureaucratic agency.

can someone post the thread link again ,somehow I missed that posting.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Mohan, which posting is it that you want?

I forgot to included that his I-212 was filed on April 17, 2002, in California. They can't find a copy in California, Vermont, or at the Embassy. They also want him to file a new one and of course cash for that too. Seems that it is always cash, On the I-601 form it states money order has to be dawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States. But yet they told him they would not except the money order from Wells Fargo Bank.

SHILPA wrote, "it's a bad idea to involve congresspersons in a case"¯

Not true my friends.

Things your Congressman(woman) can do:

Inquire on your behalf with the agency.
    Example: Your case is taking longer than the posted processing time so you called the BCIS 1-800 number (They do have a 40% chance of giving correct information.), but they have no record of your case since it is at the local office. You (or your legal representative) can go to the BCIS office and wait all day for a chance at getting to the information window, or you can contact one of your Federal Legislative Representatives. They will inquire with the agency about the status of your case. 1, 10, or 30 days latter they should get a response. The response may not help you- such as, "Your case is pending required security checks."¯, but it will be the same thing you (or your legal representative) would have gotten at the counter.

Expedite your case in an emergency.
    Example- You applied for AOS and submitted an application for advanced parole a week ago. Your receipt says it takes 90 days, but your mother has had a terrible accident back in your native land and you have to go back right away. With proper documentation (hospital and doctor's letters) you can contact one of your Federal Legislative Representatives and get your travel document fast.

Request the agency correct an error they made in your case.
    Example: BCIS denied your application because their records indicate you failed to appear for an interview. However, you have the notice they gave you at the end of the interview. You can contact one of your Federal Legislative Representatives with the proof that they made a mistake, and it will be corrected.

Assist you with discretionary decisions.
    Example: In certain circumstances, the agency can bend the normal rules. You find that after your marriage to a USC and honey-moon at Niagara Falls (the Canadian side) you can't get back in to the US because you don't have a green card or immigrant visa yet. However you need to collect certain household goods (your insulin e.g.) and then you will go overseas and wait for Consular processing. Your Federal Legislative Representatives can help you get paroled into the US. Note: this is very rare!

Things your Congressman(woman) can not do:

Act as your attorney.
    Example: If you are headed before a judge or if you are arguing fine interpretations of the law, "I did not abandon my residence since I kept a US PO Box and subscribe to National Geographic."¯, get a lawyer.

Speed up your non emergency case.
    Example: You have filed a fiancƩ(e) petition and sent out wedding invitations for a date 6 months in the future. You then find out that your fiancƩ(e) will not get approved for at least 9 months. To bad. You have to wait.

Make you eligible for a benefit that does not apply to you.
    Example: Your loved one's only crime is violation of US law. DHS or DOS is unjustly denying you the right to live together. Wrong. Whether you get caught J-walking or committing murder, you face a penalty for acting in opposition to the rules of society. Your US Senator and US Representative can help where you are eligible for administrative relief, but they can not change the determination of facts of your case.

Are the rules good? Perhaps not, but that is not your decision to make. Get the laws changed. Contact your Federal Legislative Representatives to change the laws. Remember that there are 100 Senators and 435 Members of the House. That gives you 3 out of 535, so unless a whole bunch of other people across the nation feel the same way you do, the laws will stay the same (or get worse.)

Whatever you do remember- A lawyer's interest is in your money, not your wellbeing. A politician's interest is in the next election, not your wellbeing. Don't rely on either, but they both have the ability to assist you to a great deal.

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Just remember we waited our turn, the 180 days was up on Jan. 7, 2003, the Case Status on Line stated wait your time, we did. Then after about 100 more days we contacted the BCIS Director with a letter sent overnight certified and an Inquiry Slip and a letter just like they ask, as of today they still have not answered. That was June 18, 2003. So what next. Did they shread them with everyone else's or what?
    The address has been the same for about 5 years, so they know where she lives. So that would be a poor excuse to say they mailed something and she didn't get it.