Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bad Reviews For Free Healthcare

U.S. Health Care Most Expensive & Most Error Prone

Not only do Americans pay much more for medical treatment than anyone else in the world, they also bear the brunt of the most medical errors, according to a survey covering the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Almost 7,000 patients were consulted.

The survey supported by The Commonwealth Fund finds that one-third of U.S. patients with health problems reported experiencing medical mistakes, medication errors, or inaccurate or delayed lab results -- the highest rate of any of the six nations surveyed.

Nation Errors
    USA 34%
    Canada 30%
    Australia 27%
    New Zealand 25%
    Germany 23%
    UK 22%

Consumeraffairs.com
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    U.S. Health Care Most Expensive & Most Error Prone

Not only do Americans pay much more for medical treatment than anyone else in the world, they also bear the brunt of the most medical errors, according to a survey covering the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Almost 7,000 patients were consulted.

The survey supported by The Commonwealth Fund finds that one-third of U.S. patients with health problems reported experiencing medical mistakes, medication errors, or inaccurate or delayed lab results -- the highest rate of any of the six nations surveyed.

Nation Errors
    USA 34%
    Canada 30%
    Australia 27%
    New Zealand 25%
    Germany 23%
    UK 22%

Consumeraffairs.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon Brit I dare you, he said! This is too funny. Awwww...what I nice day!

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    That report was done here and as should be expected. It would be most harshest and judgmental on our own. People here expect no delays, no errors, and near perfection. In most other places allowances are given and expectations are not as high.

Kind of like the difference between giving a steak dinner to two people. One is used to having it cooked to a certain standard and having it every other day. The other person is lucky to get a meal once a week. Which is more apt to complain if its overdone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah,

How many times have you been to Europe or Candada, etc. to get treatment? What are you basing your comparison on? How many other places have you been to receive healthcare?

I am in the process of devouring Jersey Sweet Corn on the cob. That stuff is awesome!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is this idiotic assumption that things in some other country are better by no other measure than the known faults of our own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

America is the only nation of the so-called developed world that does not have universal healthcare. I actually think this is the whole reason how the healthcare debate came about - why do they have it, or why can they have it and not us? That is a known fault!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:

Wouldn't you agree most Americans have a very high standard of expected quality in the things they pay for? Mistakes are not often or easily forgiven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very honestly, I personally think that most Americans do not have a very high standard of expectations and simply so, because most of them don't know of any other standard but the American.

If our health care is so bad, why is Brit here? Same to you Koller, if it is so bad here why are you desparate to remain?

That proves that the study is in error. Everyone knows that Brit gets her free healthcare here like most welfare recipients.

I also noticed that it took her a long time to find this obscure study.