50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: The INS will create another broken family if this is not solved

My sister came to the US on a visitor visa and married a US citizen five years ago and they are still together now, her husband filed a petition for both my sister and her son (from her ex-husband) who lived outside of the US.

Due to the different answers they provided about their apartment setting during the interview, the INS don't believe their marriage is real and didn't grand her the Green card. And the INS told them to wait and will receive a letter from the INS. Now it has been three years and they haven't received any letters yet from the INS office.

My questions are:
    1. How can my sister find out what to do next or what should she do now?
    2. Will her son's green be canceled because my sister didn't pass the interview?
    3. Her son wants to apply for citizenship for the following year, but he is afraid to do so,
    Because he doesn't know is his green card under any condition or not, since he got
    His residency due my sister's marriage and my sister hasn't got her yet?

*Thank your concern and time

Lunatic

My sister came to the US on a visitor visa and married a US citizen five years ago and they are still together now, her husband filed a petition for both my sister and her son (from her ex-husband) who lived outside of the US.

Due to the different answers they provided about their apartment setting during the interview, the INS don't believe their marriage is real and didn't grand her the Green card. And the INS told them to wait and will receive a letter from the INS. Now it has been three years and they haven't received any letters yet from the INS office.

My questions are:
    1. How can my sister find out what to do next or what should she do now?
    2. Will her son's green be canceled because my sister didn't pass the interview?
    3. Her son wants to apply for citizenship for the following year, but he is afraid to do so,
    Because he doesn't know is his green card under any condition or not, since he got
    His residency due my sister's marriage and my sister hasn't got her yet?

*Thank your concern and time

Lunatic

I am in a very similar situation, I was told that I would be denied but dont know how long to wait for the letter. It is service center by service center. I am in Arizona and an told that the wait time for a letter is 1 year. What state was it filed in? Have you tried sending a certified letter to your congressman/senator asking where the application status is? The local office here lost a friend of mines naturalization appplication and the senator chased it down for him. Or can you call the INS 1-800 # and ask for a status? A pro-bono attorney may be able to give you an idea of what length is normal in your state. What state are you in? Please dont say AZ.

Just curious. Are you all allowed to work etc. while waiting on an answer from INS?

Officially, you can work until you get the official letter from the INS, you can probably work until the EAD runs out, they will not re-issue an EAD after the denial letter has been issued.

My sister lives in New York Cicy and filed her application there, they still allow her to renew her Employment Authorization. However, it has been three years and The INS haven`t send her letter to tell her what to do next. What worry her the most is that she is afraid the INS will cancel her son`s greed card.
    I quess it is a good idea to find out the INS phone number and make a call.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I hope you will have you answer soon, because life it to short to spent so much time doing things like this.

lunatic