publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Mohan, confiscated passport question...

Mohan I don't remember if I asked this question before, so if I did, please bear with me

When does the INS return the passport that is confiscated due to proceedings?

At the final hearing? Or do you have to file papework to have it sent to you from some archive? (I read the latter on the other forum, happened to a guy in San Francisco)

How long do you think it takes to get the plastic greencard in the mail after AOS approval by IJ?

Thanks man!

PS. 16 days left until final hearing Kind of nervous here... Will get in touch before then...

Mohan I don't remember if I asked this question before, so if I did, please bear with me

When does the INS return the passport that is confiscated due to proceedings?

At the final hearing? Or do you have to file papework to have it sent to you from some archive? (I read the latter on the other forum, happened to a guy in San Francisco)

How long do you think it takes to get the plastic greencard in the mail after AOS approval by IJ?

Thanks man!

PS. 16 days left until final hearing Kind of nervous here... Will get in touch before then...
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

let me tell you inside john,
    Passport was taken by the INS, I don't think court will hold the passport. Passport may be taken by the INS officer to checkup( he may have doubt that alien is ranout of relief, and later he might find out there are some sort of relief still available to Alien. so there are not further action taken. these case will be gone to inactive file unless alien apply for the relief. IF alien ranout of the relief and no relief available for him , then INS issue the bag and baggage notice to deport him.
    To get the passport back alien has to file for the relief which has nothing to do with INS but the EOIR.Once Reiledf is granted then Either Case is remanded back to INS OR Court will adjust him and then passport will be located.
    other then that it will be in inactive file.
    Alien can go to INS with proof of departing ,Air ticket etc to get the passport, but he will be detained and send it to airport to take that flight if no relief is available.

Your second question;
    After the approval you will get I551 stamp on the passport which is as good as GC. Plastice will come in mail with 6 months ( max ) but sometimes it takes Couple of weeks to a month to get it.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Mohan my man, so what do I do in my case? After I am adjusted by the court, do I take IJ's approval notice to the INS office to take my passport back? Or do you think they give it back to me at the court? As far as I understood from your post, my passport is yet to be located after I adjust. Because I already filed for relief.

As you know, my case started in NJ and then venue changed to MN, at the first hearing in Minnesota, the IJ and I were presented with my passport photocopy as evidence by the INS Counsel. So I strongly believe that my passport must be with INS District Counsel in St. Paul Minnesota.

You know this is very crucial to me since my military enlistment is pending and I have to have that passport back to have it stamped.

Thanks bro...

You don't have to be worry, much. calm down..okey. Once your case will be approved you just have to say that your passport is held up with INS, now its upto the IJ if he remand the case to get PP or Ask counsel to arrange the Passport, either way you will get it with stamp.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Thanks mohan, I will tell my lawyer to ask the IJ about my passport after we get the approval. But I will get it with stamp? Wohooo If I get it already stamped that will save me a long trip back to INS office again