publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HE AVOID TO PAY ALIMENTS TO OUR DAUGHTER,HE SAY HE DON'T AFRAID ANYTHINK:My husband married in US, but not divorced with me in my country

Hello!I want to talk you about my questions.

My husband had been applying and getting the REFUGEE status after he had came in USA in 2002. I and my 4-old-year daughter remained in our country, the former USSR.
    Since one year he had been marrying to an American citizen woman. However, he not made a divorce with me. Furthermore, he never pays for our common daughter. He betrayed INS an all America's trust, being a refugee here. He said he never afraid- he is living here, in USA, but I am living in another continent, in another country.

He is non American citizen, just a refugee; he is citizen of one of former USSR republic.

My question: what I need to do? Can I write about it to INS, or American court, or- what?
    I don't know name of his "new wife". In which court- in my country, or in any in USA, I can apply for suit for alimony or alimony evasion?
    Can I bring to trial my husband? Do I need to write a claim about it in US Embassy in my country?

He misleads criminally us, and America. Who can help us?

Please, provide me absolutely any directions or advices,
    Sincerely,
    Maria
    talkinrussian@hotmail.com

Hello!I want to talk you about my questions.

My husband had been applying and getting the REFUGEE status after he had came in USA in 2002. I and my 4-old-year daughter remained in our country, the former USSR.
    Since one year he had been marrying to an American citizen woman. However, he not made a divorce with me. Furthermore, he never pays for our common daughter. He betrayed INS an all America's trust, being a refugee here. He said he never afraid- he is living here, in USA, but I am living in another continent, in another country.

He is non American citizen, just a refugee; he is citizen of one of former USSR republic.

My question: what I need to do? Can I write about it to INS, or American court, or- what?
    I don't know name of his "new wife". In which court- in my country, or in any in USA, I can apply for suit for alimony or alimony evasion?
    Can I bring to trial my husband? Do I need to write a claim about it in US Embassy in my country?

He misleads criminally us, and America. Who can help us?

Please, provide me absolutely any directions or advices,
    Sincerely,
    Maria
    talkinrussian@hotmail.com

You should bring this conflict into BCIS' attention if you are absolutly sure about your allegations and have evidence to prove it. You can get information here: http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/index.htm

or contact your local American embassy and give them as much information as possible (acurate names, date of births, copies of marriage, birthcertificate of your child etc. ).

He will not be able to adjust his status or gain naturalization if he's avoiding his obligations to his child, and in some cases to you, too. Same is for committing bigamy (being married to more than one spouse at a given time!)

What are the laws in your native country? Do you have any basis for support? You should involve your local authorities as well, as those will support your allegations and possible enforcement of support from the U.S. courts. Many countries have agreements to enforce eachother's orders, your country may have that with the U.S.!

Courts and law in my country is worse than in US.
    Our country is from "third world". so I afraid our court can't provide me support in that through contact with US law institutions.

So, can I apply to American court as an alien who have conflict with the man adjusted US refugee status?

Have I any hazard to get a compensation for moral and material, or other damage?

Dear Writer,
    I read your post. I would advise you not do to anything. You should think about the long term. If he becomes a U.S. citizen, that will help you and your daughter in the long run. DO NOT LET THE BCIS KNOW of this and do not turn him in. If he becomes a U.S. citizen, then he can help you with child support payments, and he can sponsor your daugter for U.S. citizenship, and sponsor you as well. How do you know that his marriage is even working out to the American woman? You don't really know that for certain. You should just let go of your anger and let it go for now, let him get his U.S. citizenship, then wait and see what happens. This will benefit you in the long run and I am certain about it!

Once he's a U.S. citizen you won't have any claims against him as a foreigner without a legal status in the U.S. American courts will be more than unwilling to assist a foreigner to get money or support from a U.S citizen.

If you need to clear things up you should do so now. Did he give you and your daughter any support so far? If not you can bet that his history! If you're legally married to him and he gains legal residency status and later U.S. citizenship with a sham marriage to a American woman now;, his citizenship and even if you and your daughter may have citizenship someday in the distant future, all of this will be nill no matter if these facts pop up 2 months from the day they were committed or 20 years later. So you will not benefit from anything if he is doig something illegal. Bigamy as advise told you is a big no no! If his doing the things yo say he is there is no way you will be benefiting from anything there