publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Would i get any benefits from my grandfather even if he's dead?

Guys i got a question for you.. i have talked so far to 6 lawyers and every one of them told me something different.

My grandfather was an USC... 4 of his son and daughters beacame citizens also when he applied for them...
    Back then, my Dad wasnt sure about becoming a citizen so he decided to wait.. years later my granfather applied for all of us (my dad, mom, brother and me, some people says this is no posible.. that you can only apply for direct relatives.. in this case, my dad) somehow he applied for all of us, INS got our paperwork.. we even got in the mail a later saying they were procesing our application... COOL, right?

NOT EVEN,,, my grandfather died while our paperwork was on INS, they realized this.. and they send our paperwork back.

Is there something i can do?
    One of the lawyers told me that we might have a citizenship even if we dont know... since my grandpa' was a USC, even if INS send back the paperwork.

Other one ask me to get married to an USC, this would be a lot easier...

Other one said "There is nothing you can do, hes dead.. who would file the petition for you"?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    is there a way to get my GC thru my grandpa' ?

Guys i got a question for you.. i have talked so far to 6 lawyers and every one of them told me something different.

My grandfather was an USC... 4 of his son and daughters beacame citizens also when he applied for them...
    Back then, my Dad wasnt sure about becoming a citizen so he decided to wait.. years later my granfather applied for all of us (my dad, mom, brother and me, some people says this is no posible.. that you can only apply for direct relatives.. in this case, my dad) somehow he applied for all of us, INS got our paperwork.. we even got in the mail a later saying they were procesing our application... COOL, right?

NOT EVEN,,, my grandfather died while our paperwork was on INS, they realized this.. and they send our paperwork back.

Is there something i can do?
    One of the lawyers told me that we might have a citizenship even if we dont know... since my grandpa' was a USC, even if INS send back the paperwork.

Other one ask me to get married to an USC, this would be a lot easier...

Other one said "There is nothing you can do, hes dead.. who would file the petition for you"?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    is there a way to get my GC thru my grandpa' ?

Since your grandfather never applied for your father, as such you can derivate any benefits from your grandfather, because your grandfather was himself an immigrant not a born USC. If he had been a born USC, then you could get benefit of his citizenship.

Hi, this subject interests me as my grandfather was born in Cambridge MA but to a US soldier and a Welsh mother. She got homesick and returned to the UK.

My grandfather had a UK passport which stated his place of birth as being Cambridge, MA, USA. Does this mean that he was a US Citizen? What effect, if any, does that have on his children and grandchildren? I'd be interested to find out!

Kindest regards,

Callum

It depends on whether your father can claim derivitive citizenship. If he can, then you may be able to also claim derivitive citizenship.

My father ask to a lawyer in Texas... he told his, he as able to do that..
    he also told him, this is a LOOOOOOONG way... he said it would take about... 20 yrs for me to get benefits...
    i mean, about 10yrs for my father to get benefits thru my grandpa.. after he get approved.. i can apply thru my dad... another 10yrs...

To WELL:
    Mr. MMorales is an Immigration Attorney and he knows what he is talking about. He has given his legal opinion. It is upto the person to follow his advise or not.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the info....
    I do appreciate mmorales answered... im NOT saying his wrong
    I have no idea about what to do... so im just asking and explaing what i know...(not a lot tho)

Some people says i can
    others say i CANT
    others is an easy-fast process
    others that i could die before i get approved

?????????????????????????????????????????????????