free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: a bit more info on divorce of a philippino

a bit more info on divorce of a philippino

thank you for reading. I was reading another post about a man who wanted to marry a Philippino woman who was still married. and I saw that someone posted that if you bring her to the U.S. on a B1/B2 visa that you could go to Las Vagas and she could get a legal divorce and we could be married there as well and you could then sponsor her also. my question is for one is that true? and if it is what would she need to bring with her to make that happen. and how do I go about being that sponsor? now I know that in the Philippines they won't recognize the marriage which is fine she plans to stay here anyway. so that is not an issue. but will she get in trouble is she goes back to visit her family from time to time? oh and what kinda cost are we talking in a ballpark sorta way. thank you all for your time and I am grateful for any info you can give me to help me make this happen.

Check with a qualified attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Cronar2020 View Post
    thank you for reading. I was reading another post about a man who wanted to marry a Philippino woman who was still married. and I saw that someone posted that if you bring her to the U.S. on a B1/B2 visa that you could go to Las Vagas and she could get a legal divorce and we could be married there as well and you could then sponsor her also. my question is for one is that true? and if it is what would she need to bring with her to make that happen. and how do I go about being that sponsor? now I know that in the Philippines they won't recognize the marriage which is fine she plans to stay here anyway. so that is not an issue. but will she get in trouble is she goes back to visit her family from time to time? oh and what kinda cost are we talking in a ballpark sorta way. thank you all for your time and I am grateful for any info you can give me to help me make this happen.
    If someone comes here as a "tourist" on a b1/b2 for the purpose of marrying.. that isn't the purpose of that VISA.

"planning to marry and stay here anyway", that might be considered VISA fraud by USCIS

Get an attorney before you spend too much time and money on this endeavor
    If you canít fly then run, if you canít run then walk, if you canít walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.