50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Tighter Restriction for Legal Residents

I have heard that customs is reviewing green card holders very hard for infractions when the re enter the U.S..

My wife recently was in a traffic accident in Florida where she rear ended another car. She received two tickets, one for not wearing her glasses and one for not using care and having the accident. She has not you gone to court.

The failure to wear is glasses is considered a criminal infraction in Florida; although, it may not be valid since she has recently had laser corrective surgery.

Do you think if she left the county for vacation that she would have a problem getting back into the U.S.?

I have heard that customs is reviewing green card holders very hard for infractions when the re enter the U.S..

My wife recently was in a traffic accident in Florida where she rear ended another car. She received two tickets, one for not wearing her glasses and one for not using care and having the accident. She has not you gone to court.

The failure to wear is glasses is considered a criminal infraction in Florida; although, it may not be valid since she has recently had laser corrective surgery.

Do you think if she left the county for vacation that she would have a problem getting back into the U.S.?

I have been trying to get that information myself. Call ins 8003755283and speak for travel plan . the inf so far has told me that those who are trying to get those who are trying to get their status changed if travel outside us need advance parole from local ins . do let me know what they said to you about green card holders. I have been living in florida myself and friend evading the law can become more trouble some. if you are afraid to approach the authorities directly for your wife's case i would advise to consult an attorney. best wishes

wow, she got a criminal charge for not wearing her glasses?
    How well did the refractive surgery correct the vision disability? What's her vision now (what was it before)? This is very peculiar and got me thinking...

I had that surgery in 1997 (lasix) and my prior vision was 20/600+. After the surgery and for about 2-3 months, I was 20/20, but regressed to 20/40 and 20/50 respectively. I usually don't wear corrective glasses at clear, sunny days. But I didn't know you could be criminally charged for something like that...

By the way, it's an oxymoron to say that restrictions are tightened... ;-)