free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: marriage and special registration URGENT PLS HELP

i'm married to a us citizen, i came here with a visa but i was out of status since 2000.i'm trying to apply for adjustment of status and my lawyer told me that i was subject to special registration(from morocco) which i never heard of because i was with my wife since 2001 surrounded with us citizens who don't care about such a thing,so i never registered,my lawyer said that i was deportable,i don't know what to do ? apply for adjustment of status or is it going to get me in trouble because i didn't register please some advice????thank you

i'm married to a us citizen, i came here with a visa but i was out of status since 2000.i'm trying to apply for adjustment of status and my lawyer told me that i was subject to special registration(from morocco) which i never heard of because i was with my wife since 2001 surrounded with us citizens who don't care about such a thing,so i never registered,my lawyer said that i was deportable,i don't know what to do ? apply for adjustment of status or is it going to get me in trouble because i didn't register please some advice????thank you

Hi Jc

I dont know what the story is now that Spec Reg is suspended and being revamped.... but prior to this Most likely when you filed your AOs papers at a local office you would be detained b/c you didnt register. Interviewed and released due to pending I-130 approval. but lawyer is correct.. u could be Technically "removable"

Quite a few are sitting in detention b/c of this and you being arabic depending on what local office you would be using. it may or not be problem.

The Aos paperwork package could always be forwarded to Service Center where they will send the file back to the local office to contact you for interview/particulars.

If you go the route of using the local office, suggest you take your lawyer in case they try to hold you overnight in detainment. Most likely also they will give you a bit of hardcore interview while u are there, Make sure you know the ususal stuff/wifes family names etc. and dont admit to any illegal employment.

Make sure you ask lawyer what he can do for u if they try to detain you. Nothing is worse than paying $$ and the lawyer doenst know what to do when this happens.

Hopefully everything will go well.. Inshallah

JC,

Make a lot of doa and May ALLAH be with you.

ZabZub
    Beware of small expenses. A small leak could sink a big ship.

ZabZub: You are right may Allah be with you all.

I asked my Mian what doa is and he didn't know. Shouldn't he know?
    Sweet Madame Belu

I asked the immigration officer during my AOS the same question and he said the person has to register first before he(hey! for once I don't need to say he/she...:-)) can be able to adjust status. What you need is the following:

1-A clean history(no bsala)

2-A good excuse for not going in the first place(Hey I live with Americans too, but that doesn't mean I should forget where I came from...every Moroccan discussion board was talking about it. Where were you ? You ought to find a better excuse bro)

3- Take your lawyer and your wife with you when you go register.

Good luck

that's all you can do JOSEPHINE, the dough's, well thank you for your help