50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what should I do???

I was married almost 4 years ago, and file my papers... got my green card and after a few months my relationship was over, so when I needed to send my I-751 we were having a divorce and I had to wait until it was over. my hearing was 1 week ago and now I'm waiting for the papers to come so i can file the I-751 with an explanation why im sending it late. i dont know how the process is after that, but now I'm engaged to best man on earth!, we've been dating for almost 18 months. I'm going to college, I work, never had trouble with anything, but I'm really scared to get denied. what should I do? get married with my fiance the date with choose which is in november, or wait until after i have an answer?.

I was married almost 4 years ago, and file my papers... got my green card and after a few months my relationship was over, so when I needed to send my I-751 we were having a divorce and I had to wait until it was over. my hearing was 1 week ago and now I'm waiting for the papers to come so i can file the I-751 with an explanation why im sending it late. i dont know how the process is after that, but now I'm engaged to best man on earth!, we've been dating for almost 18 months. I'm going to college, I work, never had trouble with anything, but I'm really scared to get denied. what should I do? get married with my fiance the date with choose which is in november, or wait until after i have an answer?.

Ditto, but getting married would give you an advantage in removal proceedings, however small and you will need a liberal judge, but better than nothing.

What will your petition to remove the conditions look like? Are your documents good? Have you gotten affidavits from friends and family from both sides? Are you still on good terms with the ex? Getting married will not affect the outcome of the 751 but may be helpful if it is denied if he is a US Citizen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VCG06:
    I was married almost 4 years ago, and file my papers... got my green card and after a few months my relationship was over, so when I needed to send my I-751 we were having a divorce and I had to wait until it was over. my hearing was 1 week ago and now I'm waiting for the papers to come so i can file the I-751 with an explanation why im sending it late. i dont know how the process is after that, but now I'm engaged to best man on earth!, we've been dating for almost 18 months. I'm going to college, I work, never had trouble with anything, but I'm really scared to get denied. what should I do? get married with my fiance the date with choose which is in november, or wait until after i have an answer?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell VC and welcome to the forum

You say the marriage only lasted a few months after the conditional green card was granted. uscis determines the 2yr conditional marriage based on time from the 1st interview in most cases. I am assuming that you do not have very much evidence since the first interview since the marriage was over shortly after the interview.

The removal of conditions (751) will be reviewed for evidence submitted. the reason for the marriage breakup will also be looked at. the length of time that you were married will also be looked at. (How long you were actually married before coming to interview, etc)

It is possible that you will be granted the permanent greencard depending on what I/o does the interview and what district you are in. It will be important that the 1st marriage does not have indication/appearance of being a sham marriage.

The guarantee of course is to marry the fiance and be able to file the new paperwork in case you are denied.

4now :
    It is possible that you will be granted the permanent greencard depending on what I/o does the interview and what district you are in

What has the district got to do with an approval or denial of a 751? Never heard of this one.