50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: warrant and INS

How Tourist I opened an account in San Antonio, Texas in 2001.Receantly I knew I have a warrant for cheks without founds. I want to go to USA to fix this situation but I do not want to be arrested. Has Immigration notice about this civil matter or this matter is considered criminal matter? Can I be arrested arriving to the airport? What is the best I can do? Can somebody give me an advice? How can Knows Immigration about I have a warrant? Thanks a lot to everyone.

How Tourist I opened an account in San Antonio, Texas in 2001.Receantly I knew I have a warrant for cheks without founds. I want to go to USA to fix this situation but I do not want to be arrested. Has Immigration notice about this civil matter or this matter is considered criminal matter? Can I be arrested arriving to the airport? What is the best I can do? Can somebody give me an advice? How can Knows Immigration about I have a warrant? Thanks a lot to everyone.

If the person had also filed a criminal complaint again you for commiting a forgery and issuing a false check, then there will be Warrants against you. INS will know immediately because all law enforcement computers are linked together.
    If the person has not filed any Criminal Complaint and no Warrants are outstanding then there will be no problem for you.
    Good luck.

You have to pay the money to the bank first step, get a recite /letter from bank or who ever you owed money too, saying the money is paid back. Then you need to go to courthouse where the warrant was issued for your arrest and ask to see the judge, have all paper work with you at this time. How you get back into country will determine if you are arrested, come through check point you probably will be if they run your name, try the busy ones, other wise its that long walk. The judge will probably drop charges if you have paid money back and you are not wanted for anything else or have bad record. The Border Patrol will know about warrant if they enter you name into computer, if they don't they will not know, this is a chance you take that is why you must take care of repaying the money and getting paperwork to prove so and carrying that paperwork with you when you cross Border, if you are arrested you will have it to show the judge when they take you to town that issued warrant. It is good that you want to take care of this problem and I am sure person who is missing the money will be happy. Good Luck

To Acelaw:
    Petro2426 is out of United States. That is why he is asking for help. While he is out of the States, how he can ask for withdrawal of Warrant. Even if the Warrant is withdrawn still the case will remain open and stay on his Rap Sheet. If he is arrested by the INS at the time of arrival in the United States then in addition to Court Warrants the INS will also have hold on him. In that case, even if Warrant is withdrawn still he will be in jail till the dispositio of the case and thereafter he will be handed over to the INS for deportation proceedings.
    It is better for him to try to find out through some friend about the case or warrant if any before deciding to come back to the States.
    Good luck.

If you have a standing warrant in the US, better settle it with the bank ASAP. Once settled you need to get a letter from them that this check # was paid in full by you. The bank has the obligation to drop the charges against you.Security agencies will be notified and your name will be dropped from the database especially at the POE which I think you have a witholding order against you.

I understand you are out of the country but I guess you can ask a relative or friend to do it for you but I think you can call them to negotiate your case.