publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: sponsorship by employer/spouse, which one is better.

Im working on H1 visa, my employer is happy and wants to sponsor me for greencard. My wife has recently became a usc she can also sponsor me but her income is less than poverty limit. Please advise me which sponsorship provides better chances. I ll appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Im working on H1 visa, my employer is happy and wants to sponsor me for greencard. My wife has recently became a usc she can also sponsor me but her income is less than poverty limit. Please advise me which sponsorship provides better chances. I ll appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Your spouse sponsoring you is faster. You can combine your incomes. You will need to complete the I-864A in addition to the I-864, along with your 3 years of tax returns, bank statements, W-2s, etc. etc.

Rahi

Philosophically it is faster thru your spouse for "conditional" green card.

Strategically speaking, it is better to stay the course with your H visa for time being. When your 2nd yr marriage anniversary gets near.. THEN you could adjust thru your spouse. This way when your interview comes you will get permanent 10yrs card having met the requirement for 2yrs of marriage. It would not be necessary to file form I751 to remove conditions for residency.
    perhaps at that time your spouse will meet sponsership requirements for you since you will have the time to plan for it. Then at 3yrs of marriage you could yourself apply for citizenship.

You are already authorized to work by your H visa, as your employer is sponsering you. Nothing really to be gained right now through your spouse.

There was one guy I know who came on H visa, married USC and did aos thru usc. Marriage didnt work out/divorce early on and he almost got screwed. Fortunately he was able to get h visa again with employer.

What service center are you? Makes a difference in your planning for timeframes.

Just remember... Timing is everything.

Thank you for your reply. NYCImmParalegal I thought my income can not be used for my sponsorship, though I can file 864A as a house hold mem of the sponsor and joint tax payer. But INS consider that the income of alien relative (me) is not permanent source and in the out of job situation sponsor is responsible to support the alien.

Dear 4now; we ve been married for 5 years, we ve joint acc. and tax returns. Do I ve to file I751? I was on f1 and now on h1 since one year but passport is not stamped and it is difficult to get it stamped, while like everyone else want to visit backhome. So Im hoping that if I file through spouse in one year I ll have conditional gc and I can trevel without AP. Please response,,

Hi Rahi,

Nothing can be better than you situation...you are already married for 5 yrs...no..u will not have to file I 751 and once ur AOS is approved you will be granted permanent 10 yrs GC...Good night...Pasha