free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please check your phone bill!

I have found out about a fraudulent scheme that uses the phone company to bill for services. These are third party providers billing for "Voice Mail Services or email/chunkmail services that you supposedly have ordered over the internet.

The thing is, that the phone company cannot do a thing against it until the customer calls and puts a block on the account. These "TPP" are totally able to collect money from you through your phone company's bill. If you call them for reimbursement, they'll give you a hard time.

In my case, all they had was my email address and all fraudulent information.

I was born in 1973 in Los Angeles, CA. Interesting!

I had two of them on mine charging me for %15.--and last month I missed it. So, I wonder how many other people are not paying attention and getting these thieves rich.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I have found out about a fraudulent scheme that uses the phone company to bill for services. These are third party providers billing for "Voice Mail Services or email/chunkmail services that you supposedly have ordered over the internet.

The thing is, that the phone company cannot do a thing against it until the customer calls and puts a block on the account. These "TPP" are totally able to collect money from you through your phone company's bill. If you call them for reimbursement, they'll give you a hard time.

I had two of them on mine charging me for %15.--and last month I missed it. So, I wonder how many other people are not paying attention and getting these thieves rich.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    I have found out about a fraudulent screem that uses the phone company to bill for services. These are third party providers billing for "Voice Mail Services or email/chunkmail services that you supposedly have ordered over the internet.

I had two of them on mine charging me for %15.--and last month I missed it. So, I wonder how many other people are not paying attention and getting these thieves rich. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Did you remember if accepted the calls? Or is this a billing scam?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Sounds like an illegal billing scam. I don't know why the phone companies aren't doing more to protect their customers against these third-party thieves. I can't wait to get home and check my last bill.

Another scam to avoid: Google Fortune. Stay as far away from it as possible. And, any other internet ad that sounds too good to be true. They are all scams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    I have found out about a fraudulent screem that uses the phone company to bill for services. These are third party providers billing for "Voice Mail Services or email/chunkmail services that you supposedly have ordered over the internet.

I had two of them on mine charging me for %15.--and last month I missed it. So, I wonder how many other people are not paying attention and getting these thieves rich. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Did you remember if accepted the calls? Or is this a billing scam? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No..it's a billing scam. They claim you have signed up with them via email for some voice service and they charge you a monthly fee of 14.95.

One is called ILD Teleservices and the other is called ESBI. If you Google for them, there is tons of information about angry customers complaining. This seems to be a loophole in the law. The phone company can do nothing but pay them unless the customer calls to block third party charges.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They claim you have signed up with them via email for some voice service and they charge you a monthly fee of 14.95. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder how these clowns get away with this. It is clearly breaking the law. I wonder why they aren't caught and locked up?

Pay particular attention to No. 5. Thought this might be helpful.

5 Tips to Avoid Unwanted Phone Charges
    Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 | ConsumerAffairs, Helpful Hints & Tips, How To's

1. Check your phone bill

If you see your phone bill total fluctuate from month to month, check the charges that appear. If you see any charges that are not familiar, immediately contact your phone service provider for an explanation.

If you see additional charges (often listed under “miscellaneous charges and credits”) , contact the company listed at the 800 number provided on your bill. The company listed will explain the charges. If the charges were not authorized, you can request a refund in addition to a cancelation of service.

2. Read all the fine print

Whenever you are entering your information on any form to enter a contest, a sweepstake, free promotional service, etc. read the entire terms of service and contract. When you enter your phone number on a form, it may be an agreement to sign up for a service that will be charged on your phone bill.

3. Pay attention to telemarketers

Telemarketers may call you to offer a variety of services. In some cases these services may change the way you are billed for long distance or may add additional services. In both cases, the charges for the new service may appear on your phone bill.

4. Be careful when dialing long distance

If your phone service has limited long distance and you need to make a long distance call there are several ways to accomplish that. However, depending on what option you choose, it may add an additional charge to your phone bill. For example if you use a live operator to connect the call, if you use a calling card or an 800 number, etc. it may add an additional charge. Any service you use to make the long distance call may show up as a separate charge from your monthly service charge.

5. Place a “third party block” on your line

You can contact your local telephone service provider and request that they place a third party block on your line. Be aware that the block will prevent several types of services being billed to your account such as collect calls or internet services provided by other merchants other than your phone company.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They claim you have signed up with them via email for some voice service and they charge you a monthly fee of 14.95. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder how these clowns get away with this. It is clearly breaking the law. I wonder why they aren't caught and locked up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Phone companies sell them.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:

I wonder how these clowns get away with this. It is clearly breaking the law. I wonder why they aren't caught and locked up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because nobody is pressing charges. Here is what happened to me. I found the charges..called the phone company (Verizon). The confirmed the charges and that they cannot do anything about them because its a TPP. I call the TPP asked them why the charges...I signed up via email...they give me my email address...I ask for more information they tell me all bogus stuff. Telling me ... well maybe someone in your household that has access to your computer.... I ask for the charges to be reimbursed...the tell me, well, we can only give you two months back not the third month. I ask for proof that I have signed up with them they have to give me to their supervisor. He tells me the same stuff..I say I am going to contact the police. Now they give me my money back.

It's a big scam!

This is the Google Fortune scam:

http://www.newyorkgazettenews....&aid=7675409&KW=Ad13

Notice at the bottom of the comments, it says "Comments Closed Due to Spam". Yeah, right. All the comments were made up by this thieving organization and were never open to the public.