publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Complicated Marriage Issue Quesion for Mohan, Umesh, Anyone who can help?

I married my husband about year and half back and we submitted papers for his AOS, I130 etc. for his status to become legal. He got his EAD and now is working. Now we realize, even though we are good friends, marriage is not for us plus he wants to marry someone from his race. I hold nothing against that as at least he is honest with me plus we still are VERY good friends.

Question is if we divorce before we get our AOS interview, would his citizenship be denied? What if we divoce AFTER the AOS interview? Also, the girl he wants to marry is also a US citizen so what if we divorce and he marries her BEFORE AOS interview would he have to start the whole process again? Just confused so thought as as I wa browsing the internet. Any advice or suggestion or experience you can provide would be great.

Thanks folks and God bless you all.

I married my husband about year and half back and we submitted papers for his AOS, I130 etc. for his status to become legal. He got his EAD and now is working. Now we realize, even though we are good friends, marriage is not for us plus he wants to marry someone from his race. I hold nothing against that as at least he is honest with me plus we still are VERY good friends.

Question is if we divorce before we get our AOS interview, would his citizenship be denied? What if we divoce AFTER the AOS interview? Also, the girl he wants to marry is also a US citizen so what if we divorce and he marries her BEFORE AOS interview would he have to start the whole process again? Just confused so thought as as I wa browsing the internet. Any advice or suggestion or experience you can provide would be great.

Thanks folks and God bless you all.

It looks to me that money is involved here.

The race story you knew before you got married, etc., etc.,
    Weird story . If I would be an ins officer, you guys would look suspicious.
    But hey, lots of luck!
    If i'm wrong, I appologise, but I don't think this is the case.......

Putting what I think aside, (?!?)

Don't get divorced. Not Yet. Do it AFTER you will get the greencard, so you won't complicate things and be faced with too many explanations, etc., etc., etc......
    If he loves the other one(woman) and you are ok with it(!?), then they can love each other regardless of marriage status,
    and they can marry after everything is safe and uncomplicated.

I could say a lot of things, but I'll refrain from doing it.

Good luck and do everything step by step instead of doing too many things at once.
    Take my advice or just read it, either way, the message is given.

Law&Order: Thanks for your advice and yes your opinions are just that, opinions. The girl he wants to be with now is a US citizen. I have known him for almost 11 yrs now so if that is "suspicious" then so be it. 11 yrs is a pretty long time. I am just trying to figure out how we can end this without having him run into problems later as we are still friends as you can't just throw away 11 yrs just like that. Maybe you can, I can't!!

Two yrs bar is for marriage is bonafide and entered in good faith, divorce before then that is a big mess.
    if status is approved before two years ,it will be conditional, and without removeal of condition ,also a mess.
    advise is, not to divorce before two years or if approve before two years, not to file divorce before removal of condition.