free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why are the ignorant american scapegoating immigrants

my parents brought me to the us when i was 10 years old- i did not ask to come to the US, I quickly assimilited and was brought up in school " the American Way", still to this day at age 30 I have those values, what I don't understand is why most US citizens think that all immigrants are bad people, Parents cam on a visitor visa and were illegal since 1983, They got their green card about 4 years ago, But sadly i did not as there is this silly and idiotic rule that if a recipient of a green has children that are over 21 when his/her priority date becomes current the child/children who are over 21 do not receive their green card, I lost out big time, and I will always have bitter feelings towards thta silly rule and the people that made thta rule up, because for several years now i have had to move to a country that i was not brought up in and have had to struggle to find a job and live on my own. Where is the justice in that??? I have lost own on my sisters high school graduations and university graduations, i have been robbed by ins/ government from spending time with my family. Another thing Why are you americans so narrow minded towards other cultures? are you people ignorant. Why treat someone badly because they where are piece of cloth on their head, yes folks most the american people are so ignorant and refuse to learn about other cultures that you will never know the difference between a sikh,muslim, gujuarati, pakastani or indian person
    i dream of the day when you americans will teach your school children pre-k to 12th grade about other cultures, because when i was in school back then the teachers were just as bad as the students:just plain ignorant. Justice , the US does not know what justice and fairness is, you have had slaves in the past, been bigots and racists against African Americans, sent people of Japanese descent to internment camps , plus many more crimes against the human race whilst hiding behind that facade of land of liberty, justice for all, the us is far from perfect and will never fix itself,
    how can a country have family based preferences that by the time that a persons priority date becomes current it will be at least 10 years of a waiting game? I am more than sure that the hatemongers will be posting nasty comments on my opinions...you know what ilegal imigration will never be stopped, it will be minimized but not effectively, so the government might as well get the hint of doing away with family based preference that they know that they are not going to ever process...

my parents brought me to the us when i was 10 years old- i did not ask to come to the US, I quickly assimilited and was brought up in school " the American Way", still to this day at age 30 I have those values, what I don't understand is why most US citizens think that all immigrants are bad people, Parents cam on a visitor visa and were illegal since 1983, They got their green card about 4 years ago, But sadly i did not as there is this silly and idiotic rule that if a recipient of a green has children that are over 21 when his/her priority date becomes current the child/children who are over 21 do not receive their green card, I lost out big time, and I will always have bitter feelings towards thta silly rule and the people that made thta rule up, because for several years now i have had to move to a country that i was not brought up in and have had to struggle to find a job and live on my own. Where is the justice in that??? I have lost own on my sisters high school graduations and university graduations, i have been robbed by ins/ government from spending time with my family. Another thing Why are you americans so narrow minded towards other cultures? are you people ignorant. Why treat someone badly because they where are piece of cloth on their head, yes folks most the american people are so ignorant and refuse to learn about other cultures that you will never know the difference between a sikh,muslim, gujuarati, pakastani or indian person
    i dream of the day when you americans will teach your school children pre-k to 12th grade about other cultures, because when i was in school back then the teachers were just as bad as the students:just plain ignorant. Justice , the US does not know what justice and fairness is, you have had slaves in the past, been bigots and racists against African Americans, sent people of Japanese descent to internment camps , plus many more crimes against the human race whilst hiding behind that facade of land of liberty, justice for all, the us is far from perfect and will never fix itself,
    how can a country have family based preferences that by the time that a persons priority date becomes current it will be at least 10 years of a waiting game? I am more than sure that the hatemongers will be posting nasty comments on my opinions...you know what ilegal imigration will never be stopped, it will be minimized but not effectively, so the government might as well get the hint of doing away with family based preference that they know that they are not going to ever process...

I understand frustration and anger at the US government. I frequently feel that way myself. Our laws need reform, because the existing ones are complicated and often unfair. For the record, I do not oppose immigration and am not anti-immigrant. I must take issue with your lashing out at all Americans and calling us ignorant. That is hardly the way to inspire compassion and understanding for your obviously difficult situation. Focus your energies instead on more important things and remember that we Americans, too, are at the mercy of our lawmakers. Immigrants' relations with their host country will never improve if this kind of accusation and attitude continues.

my apologies to you and all other Americans that are pro immigrant.....I am just so hurt that I will never get to live at home in the US permanently because of some silly rule, and i presume that i am not the only who lossed out, the lawmakers and the ins will never give me back the time that i have lost that i could have spent with my family... once again I apologise to you and the other Americans thta are pro immigrant...

alien, most Americans recognize the contributions immigrants make. Our laws are complicated and hard to understand, but they are written by a small group of people, and the American public is usually unable to do anything about it. Not only that, but an American citizen with no foreign relatives will usually not explore these laws and changes. Be patient. If enough of us write to the US government, and anyone can, not just citizens, and if we all pressure the government, things will change for the better. I'm not personally offended. I understand your anger. Just don't feel unwelcome. It's the law breakers and tax dodgers who aren't welcome, and the ones who won't try to adapt to American society. Be patient, write to Congress, and good luck.

Staying of NonUS citzens in this country is a matter of previledge, not of right. I think everybody is aware of it. That "previledge" can be revoke; that "right" can given freely. In your case, there are existing laws you can availed of to to acquire that "right". Labor Certification for Professional/Skilled worker or non skilled worker and marrying a USC are examples. But one law that probably you missed is the AMNESTY LAW OF 1986.

I hope you get my point.

TO
    Alien
    do'nt blame us ,Blaim your parents who lived illegally so long here on our tax money and brought you illegally here .We did not ask your whole family to stay illegally here.
    You should be always thankful to us for what you achieved here .
    your country would have never allowed any american to live illegally so long
    You people can never be faithful to this country
    Better you go back where you belong.
    We know what we are

You sound like tb and and others immigrant hater

Hey Alien,

Did you try to fight for your case before going back to yr country ? If you came here when you were 10 years old than it's not yr fault..you were a kid by then...did you try to stay and adjust yr status or were you denied this and got deported ??

Good luck

no i did not try an fight it because i was afraid that my parents legal status would be removed...
    my father has filed for me but i will get my green that route in about 10 to 15 years-theres is too much of a back log, unless there is sort of amnesty, which will NEVER happen because of 9/11 and the immigrant backlash that is associated with that then, I don't have too many other choices my friend, I appreciate and thank you all that have offered positive comments.