free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Girlfriend approved for B2 Visa but have an issue

Girlfriend approved for B2 Visa but have an issue

Hello, my name is Jay. My girlfriend and I live here in the Philippines. She was approved for a B2 Visa and we plan to visit the US together in October. She was issued the visa on 3 August 2017 and it expires on 30 November 2017 and it's Multiple Entry (go figure). My question/issue is under annotation it has the city,state we primarily will be staying and under that it has Oct-Nov. We will leave the Philippines around 10 October. Does that mean the CBP officer at the Point of Entry (POE) will only allow us to stay until 30 November? Just our brief history. She was approved for a B2 visa last year and we went to the US for the Christmas/New Years holidays and I checked the I-94 and we were allowed to stay for 6 months but we only stayed for 42 days. Do the consular at this end have the influence on the CBP officer at the POE?

Thanks
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn357 View Post
    Hello, my name is Jay. My girlfriend and I live here in the Philippines. She was approved for a B2 Visa and we plan to visit the US together in October. She was issued the visa on 3 August 2017 and it expires on 30 November 2017 and it's Multiple Entry (go figure). My question/issue is under annotation it has the city,state we primarily will be staying and under that it has Oct-Nov. We will leave the Philippines around 10 October. Does that mean the CBP officer at the Point of Entry (POE) will only allow us to stay until 30 November? Just our brief history. She was approved for a B2 visa last year and we went to the US for the Christmas/New Years holidays and I checked the I-94 and we were allowed to stay for 6 months but we only stayed for 42 days. Do the consular at this end have the influence on the CBP officer at the POE?

Thanks
    Jay
    In general, CBP routinely admits 98% of most B2 visitors for 6 months....they can, however, read the issuance notes made during the visa interview....they can find out how much luggage someone brought with them...but the COs and/or our embassies cannot legally direct the CBP folks about the period of admission....they might suggest, with an annotation (usually on single entry visas) something like: 'attending business conference, 10 days' or something like that, which the CBP folks can take into consideration, but an annotation is just a reminder of sorts, not an order.