free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa Waiver Withdrawal

I will appreciate any serious advice on this troubling issue. Is possible to revoke a British Citizens Visa waiver previledges although she never broke any laws? This is my story, I am an LRP who married and filed an I-130 exactly two years ago. Since i did not want my wife to overstay, we decided that she should be shuttling between England and the US. She spent six weeks in the US a few times during the year. Anyway sometime last year she was stopped at the port of entry because she had travelled to the uS frequently and she was asked to return to London and her Visa waiver rights were withdrawn. Is this legal?

I will appreciate any serious advice on this troubling issue. Is possible to revoke a British Citizens Visa waiver previledges although she never broke any laws? This is my story, I am an LRP who married and filed an I-130 exactly two years ago. Since i did not want my wife to overstay, we decided that she should be shuttling between England and the US. She spent six weeks in the US a few times during the year. Anyway sometime last year she was stopped at the port of entry because she had travelled to the uS frequently and she was asked to return to London and her Visa waiver rights were withdrawn. Is this legal?

Yes, that is the Law. Once a petition is filed on behalf of somebody then Visa Waiver privileges are automatically cancelled. Visa Waiver program is for visitors only who have intention to stay or immigrate to the United States. After marriage and your filing petition for her, she is not entitled to visit the United States under Visa Waiver Program. She can try for Visit Visa or wait till her priority date is current.
    Good luck.

Go and seek a lawyer's advice.
    This is serious.
    Stop paying attention to the people here such as alert, umesh, mohan , guest and so on,
    who have no one to talk to so they come here to mess people's lives.
    It's up to you.
    I just said what i've seen.

ps. Don't forget to See the attached.
    pss your problem should be heard by a lawyer before making any move.

General Site Disclaimer
    Visitors are cautioned that legal information posted on the Internet is always generalized and should not be used as the basis for making decisions about any particular set of facts. Immigration law is extremely complex. Decisions based on incomplete or inaccurate information may lead to serious adverse results, such as deportation, lengthy delays, or loss of immigration status.

Persons needing immigration help often fall prey to nonlawyers engaged in the unauthorized practice of law, who lack the knowledge and training to properly evaluate all factors in a case. If you need immigration assistance, please consult a lawyer who has solid experience in immigration law. This advice may be extremely important for you and your family. We urge you to take it seriously.

This site and the materials contained therein are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. ILW.COM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that materials in this site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that this site or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components. The documents or related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ILW.COM and its vendors and/or suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the documents and/or graphics described herein at any time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chat Disclaimer
    ILW.COM IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL ADVICE. ILW.COM is an open, non-confidential forum for legal chat and information. ILW.COM is not a law firm. ILW.COM receives no referral fees, nor any portion of any lawyer's fee. All discussion, chat, articles, information and/or materials are offered for information purposes only. The laws of each state differ and change frequently. Do not act or rely upon any of the discussion, chat, articles, resources and/or information available in or from ILW.COM without seeking professional advice, whether that advice be from an attorney-member of ILW.COM or any other lawyer you may choose to consult. The transmission of information from ILW.COM to you is not intended to create nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between ILW.COM, its employees or agents and you, nor does it constitute legal advice. Any communications between you and an attorney through ILW.COM is NOT privileged or confidential. Any lawyer you may chat with on the site may not be authorized to practice law in your jurisdiction. Although you are under no obligation to do so, you may choose to enter into an attorney-client relationship with a lawyer referred by ILW.COM subsequent to visiting the site. This relationship, if formed, will be governed by the laws and ethical rules of the relevant jurisdiction to which that lawyer is subject. Your relationship with that lawyer may also be governed in part by any retainer agreement you may enter into with that lawyer. The resources that can be accessed with hypertext links from ILW.COM are not maintained by ILW.COM. ILW.COM is not responsible for the contents of any such resources. The rules, regulations, and statutory references to legal and ethical requirements at ILW.COM are subject to revision and interpretation. Unless otherwise noted, we make no representation, warranty or claim that the information available here is current or accurate. You should contact your state or local bar for guidance on their current requirements. ILW.COM is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the resources or information available at or from ILW.COM. Reference at ILW.COM to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by ILW.COM. Your issue may involve certain deadlines and/or time related obligations. Do not rely on this communication, or any communication on this site to toll, stay or otherwise impact on any of the time considerations and/or statute of limitations that may be applicable.

This site and the materials contained therein are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. ILW.COM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that materials in this site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. ILW.COM does not represent or warrant that this site or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components. The documents or related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ILW.COM and its vendors and/or suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the documents and/or graphics described herein at any time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Kevin:
    You are perfrectly right Kevin. We are not Immigration Attorneys, we just suggest people what we know from our personal experiences.
    This site has posted disclaimers because they are not responsible for the advised parted by anybody on this post.
    It is always better to check Immigration website at www.immigration.com and go to How do I ? There immigrations has answer for all question what a person wants to know. If still there is some confusion then it will be good for the person to seek legal advise from a good Immigration Attorney who specializes in that particular field.
    God bless you.

People should not take any action based ONLY on the advice here.That's what ILW says.
    Contrary, you are saying that people should seek attorney advice ONLY if the are still confused after you answer their Questions.
    Mr. Umesh, where I you coming from?United states, may I ask?

kavin. I came here to learn about the Law which can only be taught by Experience, Law is complex, it doesn't mean that only lawyer (experienced) knows all that.
    in another words you or someone else not paying anything to these guys who advise whole heartdly.
    how come they become prey to these people? i miss your point.
    everyone of them said talk to lawyers. many people comes here after they talk to attorney OR already have attorney but didnot get satisfied even after draining life savings.
    you must be a blood sukker( attorney in the other words)

to Tough Life - the visa waiver is not a right; it is a privilege. If the INS (or DHS) inspector feels that an arriving alien is actually using this privilige to live in the US (or is going to work or has been working) they can deny admission to that person upon arrival and the visa waiver privilege is lost.
    As you know, the time it takes for the I 130 to be "current" is about 5 years from the date it was filed.
    It is far from likely that your wife could get a tourist visa from the embassy (tho not impossible). The record of her travels using the visa waiver privilege will be available in an abridged form to the embassy - they will now why she was denied admission, that she is married to an LPR and for approximately how long she remained in the US on each and every visit. If she applies for a tourist visa, it would be very unwise for her to attempt to conceal this information. Even if she does not conceal the info, there is NO guarantee that she would be given the tourist visa.

Once the I-485 is filed, she needs to travel on an Advance Parole.

contact me at info@myronmorales.com if you have any questions.

to Morales: How can she get AP when she does not even have a GC? Her petition is not even current yet! One does not get AP for a tourist visa.