free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I601/485 Approved - San Antonio

Got the approval letter yesterday and Temporary card for my husband.
    Thank you Mohan for your help last Nov. on I-601 prep. You were more helpful than any of the 3 lawyers we used in the past 5 years.
    I know you all want more info so here goes.

I am a USC. My husband, Greek citizen, had a scam run on him 8 years ago in which someone he thought was an attorney filing a legit. application. The person was not an attorney and filed false marriage application. So the issue for I-601 was fraud. My husband signed the application in one place but it contained many forgeries and misinformation.

Issues we based our I-601 arguments (my affidavit) on:
    1. Husband here more than half his life. (Since 8 years old, now 33 years old, and had school records to prove)
    2. 14 years continuous residence. Entered legally
    3. 3 and a half year old USC son here. No contact with family in greece.
    4. I do not speak Greek and could not function in Greece. I would have to abandon lucrative career if I went to Greece or stayed here without husband.
    5. I cannot fulfill my work obligations without husband here is the states (had affidavits from owner of company and my supervisor) I need him to help with our son and they know he does.
    6. I could not help my son get education in country that I don't speak the language.
    7. Husband is outstanding person and my work (60 hour weeks sometimes) demands he help with our son and he is a wonderful husband and father (affidavits from my parents)

This took 5 years, $15,000, and three lawyers.
    Had 2 unsuccessful interviews in New York.
    Had tough but fair interview in San Antonio on Dec. 12 2002. We did not take a lawyer to our San Antonio interview. They seem to irritate agents.

Got the approval letter yesterday and Temporary card for my husband.
    Thank you Mohan for your help last Nov. on I-601 prep. You were more helpful than any of the 3 lawyers we used in the past 5 years.
    I know you all want more info so here goes.

I am a USC. My husband, Greek citizen, had a scam run on him 8 years ago in which someone he thought was an attorney filing a legit. application. The person was not an attorney and filed false marriage application. So the issue for I-601 was fraud. My husband signed the application in one place but it contained many forgeries and misinformation.

Issues we based our I-601 arguments (my affidavit) on:
    1. Husband here more than half his life. (Since 8 years old, now 33 years old, and had school records to prove)
    2. 14 years continuous residence. Entered legally
    3. 3 and a half year old USC son here. No contact with family in greece.
    4. I do not speak Greek and could not function in Greece. I would have to abandon lucrative career if I went to Greece or stayed here without husband.
    5. I cannot fulfill my work obligations without husband here is the states (had affidavits from owner of company and my supervisor) I need him to help with our son and they know he does.
    6. I could not help my son get education in country that I don't speak the language.
    7. Husband is outstanding person and my work (60 hour weeks sometimes) demands he help with our son and he is a wonderful husband and father (affidavits from my parents)

This took 5 years, $15,000, and three lawyers.
    Had 2 unsuccessful interviews in New York.
    Had tough but fair interview in San Antonio on Dec. 12 2002. We did not take a lawyer to our San Antonio interview. They seem to irritate agents.

good to hear some good news...i am really happy for you cause I know how hard this kind of waivers are..i am working on one my self..up to now it costed me 5 years, 1 interview and $11.000.
    I will submitt mine soon.
    I was wondering if the fact to have yr interview in san antonio made it easier than in NY...Cause INS are less demanding in some states then in other according to all the lawyers I saw...
    good luck in yr life and enjoy yr family finally

could you please tell us what kind of questions were yr husband asked furing his interviews in NY and san antonio ??
    thank you and congratulations

CONGRATS!!!!! That really is good news! I am so glad to hear that they actually approve these things.

We are about to submit ours, and lets just say I am only hoping for the best.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Its really nice to hear that My work had some positive output and saved you ton of money.
    I,m happy for you and congratulation for your waiver which I wrote it.
    Thats the way to I told everyone. this is my 14th waiver.

Thumbs Up.

I believe San Antonio made a huge difference. The first two interviews in New York were nightmares. The first lady actually screamed at us. the second lady in NYC talked to us for 5 minutes before she made us leave. The agent in SA talked to us for an hour and seemed to want to get to the bottom of it.
    Thank you for the congratulations and good luck to you. Just keep trying. It is nice to have the weight lifted.

The agent in San Antonio asked us how my husband got involved with the bogus attorney and how could we have believed this guy. We told the truth.

He also seemed concerned about our financial stability, which is good.

He seemed to be impressed that my husband had been here since 8 years old, often homeless and without family and never took public assistance, had no criminal record and got an education on his own.

congratulations finally

I just have one question here if you don't mind...
    you said you had 3 interviews..does it mean yr huband filed for AOS 3 times and submitted each time a neW waiver ????
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

congratulations finally

I just have one question here if you don't mind...
    you said you had 3 interviews..does it mean yr huband filed for AOS 3 times and submitted each time a neW waiver ???? were you both asked questions or just him ???
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY