free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bona fide marriage intent

I am not attesting to the accuracy of this information, but rather posting what I was told by an immigration attorney today.

Immigration law requires that BCIS determine whether an alien is afforded a Green Card based upon his intent at the time he or she entered the marriage and not necessarily that which occurs after the wedding ceremony has taken place.

However, should there be sufficient information provided by the USC spouse so as to suggest ulterior motives, on the part of the alien, then any subsequent actions and activities during the ensuing marriage mey be presented to the department to shed further light at to the real intent of the alien. Such information can include information as to help to demonstrate the moral character of the petitioning alien as well.

I am not attesting to the accuracy of this information, but rather posting what I was told by an immigration attorney today.

Immigration law requires that BCIS determine whether an alien is afforded a Green Card based upon his intent at the time he or she entered the marriage and not necessarily that which occurs after the wedding ceremony has taken place.

However, should there be sufficient information provided by the USC spouse so as to suggest ulterior motives, on the part of the alien, then any subsequent actions and activities during the ensuing marriage mey be presented to the department to shed further light at to the real intent of the alien. Such information can include information as to help to demonstrate the moral character of the petitioning alien as well.

Will showing good moral character on alien's part be considered positive just opposite to lawyer said in different situation ?

Michael
    I

Showing good maroal character is always important. But if there is an allegation of fraud, poor moral character would obviously cause closer scrutiny

Ok what are the examples I meant what should be needed documentary to show good moral.... Just few moral / character certificates?

Thats a joke right Pasha? No I don;t think there is anything particular that shows good moral character - but on the other hand there are lots of things which are evidentiary of the lack of good moral character. I should think that absent of those evidences, it is presumed the character is morally sound

I doubt that they are going to even attempt to get inside of people's heads to determine just how much they love eachother and what they were expecting when they got married. From what I understand, they just want to make sure that the couple is living together in a common household and physically consumating thier relationship. There isn't really much more they could realistically do, is there?
    Have a nice day

Gluebirne:

Now I know there are means to demonstrate that a couple are residing together...but how on earth can BCIS know if the couple are consummating their relationship?