50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: So depressed

My daughters of 18 and21 years old were detained at the border when they claimed to be U.S. citizens, both were waiting for their petition period. As a promise of the Border Supervisor and also as the pressure of they can go to the jail, both sign theirvoluntary departure, in which one its said, however,because their pending immigrant status, they were both permitted to voluntary withdraw their application for admission and return to Mexico to await issuance of their immigrant visas rather tahn be precessed for expedited removal from U.S. Of course the said everything was O.k. for someday theycan immigrate
    After four years with that hope now I learn that nothing I can do for hers, can I do something against to INS for those lies they said me.orcan I do something for my daughters they are in Mexico the withdrawal of Application has not a file number, for that reason I am so depressed because I know there is not a waive for that crime, for sure my daughter ignore that... thanks, sorry for my englis

My daughters of 18 and21 years old were detained at the border when they claimed to be U.S. citizens, both were waiting for their petition period. As a promise of the Border Supervisor and also as the pressure of they can go to the jail, both sign theirvoluntary departure, in which one its said, however,because their pending immigrant status, they were both permitted to voluntary withdraw their application for admission and return to Mexico to await issuance of their immigrant visas rather tahn be precessed for expedited removal from U.S. Of course the said everything was O.k. for someday theycan immigrate
    After four years with that hope now I learn that nothing I can do for hers, can I do something against to INS for those lies they said me.orcan I do something for my daughters they are in Mexico the withdrawal of Application has not a file number, for that reason I am so depressed because I know there is not a waive for that crime, for sure my daughter ignore that... thanks, sorry for my englis

I'm in the same situation. can someone please elaborate if you know something. claiming false citizenship, would the I-601 waiver apply in this case?

Sorry to hear , ca'nt do anything just wait for Amnesty

As you perhaps know Sections 212 and 237 of the INA semi-clearly state a false claims of USC citizenship are grounds for both exludability (Get you out of the country) and inadmissibility (not allowed you to come in). Legislators wanted to make certain this provision of the law was well understood by most everyone in order to further prevent false claims of citizenship.
    You can read the sections and inboth you will find an "exception".
    The exception reads,"In the case of an alien making a representation described in subclause(I)
    if each natural parent of the alien (or,in the case of an adopted alien,each adoptive parent of the alien)is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization), the alien p e r m a n e n t l y
    (emphasis strictly mine)resided in the United States p r i o r (another of my emphasis) to attaining the age of 16, and the alien r e a s o n a b l y (comprehend reasonably?),believed (understand believed?)at the time of making such representation that he or she was a citizen, the alien shall not be considered to be inadmissible under any (read more than once the word any!), provision of this subsection based on such representation.
    Once you have well understood this section, then the good news. You go to Section 212 H) and seek a waiver. From then on, you are on your own. I am just sharing with you my basic understanding of this interesting piece of legislation, and please remember that legislators in their own wisdom do make and undue ahrsh and strict laws. INS has the
    hard task of enforcing them, at times with no understanding of its true meaning, and those who claim to semi-understand these laws have to go all the way to the Supreme Court to seek a ruling as to what was meant by the word, permanently, prior, any and so on. So, to make matters a bit understanding read the law, read the law, and read the law. Don't worry about its interpretation. Its all in the eye of the beholder.
    Enriq

I really am sorry to hear what you are going through, as i know its the hardest thing in the world. I dont know exactly what to do and have heard its pointless, but im trying to work through an attorney right now who is fighting to take my case. I guess you can read about mine under Moral Turpitude (fake birth paper) but yes it is true that the possibilities of being relived or to make them realize the truth of the situation is hard, and im trying right now as we speak to get my message across to the consulate and im not sure of the outcome yet. I do know however it will cose me a pretty penny. I hope that you pull through, if you hear anything , or i find anything i will email you. You can email me at stevebear@hotmail.com.

elopez, I am so sorry about your situation! I know this is difficult for you. Busce un abugado, amiga mia, y mucha suerte!