50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IM BRITISH SO WILL THEY BE EASIER ON ME?

I am now back in the UK but I had over stayed my tourist visa by two years. Will they go easier on me since the UK and the US are such good friends? Also I am a blonde, gorgeous girl - will that make it easier for me to get back into the States at the gates? If I flirt with them or something? hehe. Please let me know. Thanks, Melissa.

I am now back in the UK but I had over stayed my tourist visa by two years. Will they go easier on me since the UK and the US are such good friends? Also I am a blonde, gorgeous girl - will that make it easier for me to get back into the States at the gates? If I flirt with them or something? hehe. Please let me know. Thanks, Melissa.

As you had overstayed in the United States, it will be best for you to get visitor's visa from American Embassy. If you will try to enter under Visa Waiver program, Immigration may refuse you an entry and send you back.
    I would suggest you not to take this risk which will have adverse affect on your record.
    Good luck.

Thanks Umesh. Don't you think it will be less suspicious and I will be less likeley of getting old history pulled up if I go on a waiver again. I think that possibly, if I do go to the American Embassy they will dig up old records, probably suspicious as to why I dont just go on a waiver as they will have to ask if I have been to the states before and all that kind of stuff. If I do decide to try your option - do you know how long it will take? Thanks,

Melissa.

I am curious whether Americans need a visa to enter UK (or work in UK) or not?
    For Americans the whole world is open but they close their borders before the rest of the world and especially for their allies!
    is it fair?

FROM US EMBASSY IN UK WEBSITE:
    Important: Some travelers may not be eligible to enter the United States visa free under the VWP. These include people who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, those with criminal records, (the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law), certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the visa waiver program. Such travelers must apply for special restricted visas. If they attempt to travel without a visa, they may be refused entry into the United States.

Helen:

Yes American still need a visa to work in the UK it's basically the same system, find a sponser etc....same with visiting, if you plan to visit for a longer period you need to get a visitors visa..

Britons are alsmo immigrants and have to line up like everyone else.

Britain makes it very hard for people from Africa to even visit there, stop immigrants in the street to ID themselves especially if black and so on.

I think for Britons coming to America, thats good poetic justice: line up like everyone else or return to good 'ol England.

Not all british people live in good ol england you know!! I am nurse from scotland been waiting over a year now for I140 to be processed. If the U.S is so short of nurses whats the god **** problem?

Dear Melissa,
    Good looks helps, but not all the time. What if you're dealing with a female inspector who hates pretty blonds, especially after she caught one sleeping with her husband.