Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INS Back ground check

hi,

i know when someone apply for GC or any other immigration visa, INS do a background check. what else do they check? is there a way to check myself to see if there is any bad record against me? because, i lived in USA for 10 years. i went there on F-1 visa but overstayed and worked illigally. i left usa when i received canadain citizenship. now i want to go back to usa with TN or H-1 visa and apply for GC thru employment.

can anybody help me on this?

thanks

hi,

i know when someone apply for GC or any other immigration visa, INS do a background check. what else do they check? is there a way to check myself to see if there is any bad record against me? because, i lived in USA for 10 years. i went there on F-1 visa but overstayed and worked illigally. i left usa when i received canadain citizenship. now i want to go back to usa with TN or H-1 visa and apply for GC thru employment.

can anybody help me on this?

thanks

Backgroundchecks are most likely gonna change starting March 1st when INS transits into DHS.

It will be pretty sure that backgroundchecks will be more in depth than they used to be. If you were reported to INS as illegal worker than DHS will most likey know this too.

At this time it is pretty hard to say what exactly will be checked.

I do not know of any way how to check your own background (the one that INS checks).

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigra...pbb2/index.php

Significant increase in number of visa denials by U.S.

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, APRIL 03, 2003

AHMEDABAD: The US immigration authorities have been rejecting greater number of visa applications. The number of refusals has dramatically increased in 2002-03, and an increasing number of Indians are losing out. Piyush Shelat, a medical professional staying in the US for the last 10 years, had made a visa application in 1996 for status adjustment in the US after his wife Sangita Shelat received US citizenship. "My application for adjusting the visa status was rejected within minutes," says Shelat. He, now faces deportation, had overstayed on his visitor visa in 1994. Many like Shelat have been turned down by the US authorities this year. With stricter checks, many, who may have otherwise been eligible for becoming US permanent residents, are presently facing deportation from the US, inform immigration lawyers in the US. Gregory Siskind, immigration attorney from Siskind, Susser, Haas & Devine in the US says that for security reasons, the US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has adopted a zero-tolerance policy on all cases.

"INS may reject the application for minor reasons, including status violations or incorrect answers on forms. Minute mistakes may also lead to application rejections," says Siskind. In the past, the agency was flexible and would judge the overall circumstances when making decisions. From March 1, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) has taken over charge from the INS. And backlogs are again up at the INS since the switch. "It also has an impact on my clients," says Siskind. "Obviously denials and backlogs are not good. With this, a person's immigration hopes could be dashed." With increasing number of denials, the board of the immigration appeals system, a watchdog set by the US Justice Department in 1940 over immigration courts, is also swamped with cases. The changes pushed by attorney general Ashcroft directed the Board of Immigration Appeals to clear 56,000 backlog cases by March 25, notes Los Angeles Times.

A review conducted by The Times found that to meet this deadline the Board of Immigration Appeals rejected 86% of its appeals in October, compared to 59% the previous October. With proliferation of summary decisions without explanations by the board, "Immigrants are appealing to the federal court system in unprecedented numbers, creating another backlog," notes the L.A. Times. Immigrants and their lawyers in the US are anxious over the recent increase in denials and the subsequent backlog of cases. Robert Gottfried, an immigration lawyer in the US says, "At the New York District Office and the Vermont Service Center, there are 1000s of cases that remain unadjudicated. The Vermont Service Center is currently adjudicating employment cases received in the fall of 2001. The New York District Office are scheduling interviews for family-based cases filed in May 2001 for July 2003. They are supposed to shut down for interviews in the month of April, in order work on all their old cases that were interviewed but not fully adjudicated." The checks also take more time because all applications now have to pass an IBIS security check make sure that the individual has no criminal or immigration violations, informs Gottfried. And increase in application backlog has also occurred because the US Immigration and Naturalization Service at one point stopped adjudicating adjustment applications before implementing new rules of fingerprints and thorough background checks, informs Hamel Vyas, an immigration lawyer in the US.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...?msid=42301511

In this era of increased security screening, nationals of India, China, Israel, Pakistan, and Russia, applying for nonimmigrant visas, have another significant area of concern. These countries are considered to possess nuclear capability that is of concern to U.S. national security. Accordingly, nationals of these five countries who are seeking entry to the U.S. for business or academic purposes or pursuits listed on the Technology Alert List (TAL) will be subject to an increased form of background screening, known as a "Visas Mantis" cable. The purpose is to identify illegal technology transfers involving certain "sensitive technologies."

Anyone planning to apply for a student or other nonimmigrant visa to enter the U.S should keep this additional security process in mind. If one's field of work or study potentially fits within the TAL list, there may be an extended wait for visa processing. Given deadlines for starting or returning to work or school, this can be highly problematic for an applicant. It is always best to apply at the earliest opportunity. If one is in the U.S. and foreign travel can be avoided, it may be best to forego travel during this uncertain time.

The TAL consists of sixteen sensitive technologies, listed below. As evident from the list, some of the categories are quite broad and encompass work of a purely non-threatening nature. Additionally, those who work or study in a "closely" related field or one that is categorized as "dual use" may also be subjected to increased processing procedures and delays. The consular officers will determine whether the person's work or school activities fit within the regulated fields.

The sensitive areas constituting the Technology Alert List are:

(1) Conventional Munitions : technologies associated with warhead and large caliber projectiles, fusing, and arming systems;

(2) Nuclear Technology : technologies associated with the production and use of nuclear material for military applications;

(3) Missile / Missile Technology : technologies associated with air vehicles and unmanned missile systems;

(4) Aircraft and Missile Propulsion and Vehicular Systems : technologies associated with liquid and solid rocket propulsion systems, missile propulsion, rocket staging / separation mechanisms, and aerospace thermal and high performance structures;

(5) Navigation and Guidance Control : technologies associated with the delivery and accuracy of unguided and guided weapons, such as tracking and homing devices; internal navigation systems, and vehicle and flight control systems;

(6) Chemical and Biotechnology Engineering : technologies associated with the development or production of biological and toxin agents, pathogenics, and biological weapons research;

(7) Remote Imaging and Reconnaissance : technologies associated with military reconnaissance efforts, such as drones, remotely piloted or unmanned vehicles, imagery systems, and high resolution cameras;

(8) Advanced Computer and Microelectronic Technology : technologies associated with superconductivity, supercomputing, and microcomputer compensated crystal oscillators;

(9) Materials Technology : technologies related to the production of composite materials for structural functions in aircraft, spacecraft, undersea vehicles, and missiles;

(10) Information Security : technologies associated with cryptographic systems to ensure secrecy of communications;

(11) Lasers and Directed Energy Systems : technologies associated with laser-guided bombs, ranging devices, and countering missiles;

(12) Sensors : technology associated with marine acoustics, missile-launch calibration, night vision devices, and high-speed photographic equipment;

(13) Marine Technology : technology associated with submarines and deep submersible vessels, marine propulsion systems designed for undersea use and navigation, radar, and acoustic / non-acoustic detection;

(14) Robotics : technologies associated with artificial intelligence and computer-controlled machine tools;

(15) Advanced Ceramics : technologies related to the Production of tanks, military vehicles, and weapons systems;

(16) High Performance Metals and Alloys : technologies associated with military applications.

http://www.murthy.com/uktech.html

Oh My Gosh!

Are gipsies Indians?

The Gypsy race originated in the northern part of India near the Punjab Region. They refer to themselves as Roma which has mistakenly been called a cognate for wanderer. Roma is instead derived from the word, "Rom," meaning man. The Gypsy language is called Romani and is derived from the oldest written language, Sanskrit. The myth that the Gypsies never had a country of their own is not logical or factual. The fact that these people had a language, an army, and shared common interests gives great evidence that a country did exist. The speculation that they have always wandered and were nomadic has been disputed by the Gypsy scholar, Dr. Jan Kochanowski, himself a Gypsy. He has concluded that the Roma people were originally sedentary and did not wander and were not a nomadic people.

...most of the speculations can the origins of the Roma are unfortunately based on traditional linguisticsly reached a conclusion which had previously been neglected or not recognized, namely that a people or group of tribes who speak a common language must have lived in one country for many centuries, sharing common interest, a common administration and
    T. z. an army: in short, that they must have formed a State. It thus followed that the Gypsy people could not have been of nomadic origin. What is more, an analysis of the Romani vocabulary shows that its original speakers were more the 'home-loving' type: we find no words like cave, tent, bison, but on the contrary words like house, cow, pig, etc. If this is true, and we can assume it is, what happened to this State of the Roma? To find this answer we must yo to the 11th century in the Punjab Region of northern India.

MIGRATION

It was in the 11th and 12th centuries in the Punjab Region that great turmoil arose. This region was constantly being invaded by Afghanistan resulting in many wars with the Romany people. The Afghans were successful in winning a major battle that caused the Roma to split into three groups. Two of these groups scattered in the Punjab Region. The third group, which called themselves Romane Chave [the sons of Roma] set off across Afghanistan toward Europe. It was difficult crossing Afghanistan but the Roma were shrewd and cunning. As Dr. Kochanowski relates, "At this period, the two major factions of Islam, the Shiites and the Sunnites, were almost perpetually feuding; all the Roma had to do to ensure their free passage was to tell the Shiites that they were being pursued by the Sunnites and vice versa" [Kochanowski 1980:27]. Thus we have the beginning of the Roma on the move traveling through Afghanistan to Turkey, Greece and eventually to all points of Europe.

Go back to school dude.

An illegal immigrant is not a terrorist.

nobody said that illegals are terrorists, but what has been said that illegals are threat to this nation in order to implement immigration laws because this nation is based on laws and rules and it should not excused anyone for breaking its constitution.