Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCF ? for Alex

Maybe you answered this, but:

I have read that DCF of I-130 results in a quick issuance of visa with green card. I know some couples who filed in New Delhi for their I-130. The spouse got here in about 6 months in each case. Surprisingly, when my Mom asked them if they had a green card or a temp green card or a work permit, they said, "no". They want to work in the U.S., but can't.

So, what exactly did they do in New Delhi?

I am still crying a little about not filing my I-130 at New Delhi. Any consolation from you would be appreciated ... even though you have given me some before.

Maybe you answered this, but:

I have read that DCF of I-130 results in a quick issuance of visa with green card. I know some couples who filed in New Delhi for their I-130. The spouse got here in about 6 months in each case. Surprisingly, when my Mom asked them if they had a green card or a temp green card or a work permit, they said, "no". They want to work in the U.S., but can't.

So, what exactly did they do in New Delhi?

I am still crying a little about not filing my I-130 at New Delhi. Any consolation from you would be appreciated ... even though you have given me some before.

Hey Goldrush,

Its really hard to say. If you do DCF properly, then you should end up with an immigration visa. If they filed I-130's, then that is what they should have gotten. That means that when they came in, they should have gotten a stamp in their passport saying they were being admitted in LPR status and their green cards should be sent to them later.

My bet is that what they mean is that the have not received their green cards YET (it can take a while for those to be sent, though no longer than 6 - 8 weeks). However, if they have been here for awhile and don't have green cards, they either did not really do DCF or have some other type of problem.

Yours,

Alex Halow

I know about the LPR stamp on the passport. I thought about it too. But, they have been here for at least 3 months or so. Plus, LPR does give them temp work permit right away, correct?

It means that they can work right away. They just have to wait for their actual green card to show up in the mail. But, they said they can't work because of a lack of status. I am sure they are smart enough to recognize the LPR stamp on their passport.

So, do you think New Delhi doesn't do DCF?

No, I am pretty certain they do DCF in New Delhi. This all sounds kind of odd; I'm thinking that they may just be confused about their status.

Three months is unfortunately not unheard of for a green card to arrive (especially lately), but its getting up there. They may want to make some efforts to inquire into where those are at if they do not receive them soon.

Hi Goldrush,
    they do DCF in New Delhi. I came here through it. there must be some kind of misunderstanding about their status because when they arrive here they get I 551 stamp in their passport. they can work on that stamp for 1 year. they dont need to wait for actual green card to arrive....and usually temporary plastic green card comes in 6-8 weeks. i got it in 14 days....So there should be something else with their status or may be you need to call BCIS and find out about delay for their green card, but it's completely false that they can't work here....they are able to work from the very first day they got stamp I 551 in their passport...Regards. Pasha

I bet you they do have a stamp in their passport and dont realize that it *is* a "green card". I have met several others under the same misunderstanding- thinking they still could not travel. I would suggest you ask her to look in her passport and tell you what the visa says.

Hi Pasha, could you tell me steps on how you filed at DCF and what forms are needed? what kind of visa did you apply for? K1 or K3? My situation is I am going to France (where my fiancee is),get married there, and file for K3 I guess...or if K1 is faster/easier...we can postpone the marriage until he gets to the US.
    Any advice..would be greatly appreciated.

Hi me,
    I didn't do k1 or k3...but after marriage i filed for CR 1 category visa.... please copy and paste the below given link and read this case...i have tried to give info there...i guess you will have clear picture once you read this inquiry posted by Feed Me Please

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=4676028324
    Good luck...Pasha

One more thing wanted to add here... visit this page also..it gives all info how to do DCF and what are the requirements...

http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html

have a nice day !!! Pasha