free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Want to divorce my husband who just got his greencard

Want to divorce my husband who just got his greencard

When my husband was my boyfriend he paid someone to marry him and she took off with the money. He had come to this country on a 6month visa and over stayed it by about 15yrs. Since we were boyfriend/girlfriend anyway I told him I would marry him so he could get his Greencard because at the time I thought he had deserved it. He received his greencard about 3months ago. This man was not the man I originally thought he was and wanted him out if my life. I no longer thinks he even deserves the greencard which needs to be renewed in 2yrs. I want a divorce he does not live with me. What happens if I file for divorce and he refuses to sign the papers because he doesn't want to lose his greencard or wants to stay married on paper so he can renew his greencard. I don't want to be his worst enemy and have him deported but no longer want to have anything to do with him. I know he will refuse to sign the papers for this reason. What do I do?

Either party can divorce unilaterally. His refusal to sign anything does not stop you from divorcing him.

After divorce, he can file for Removal of Conditions on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Justplainmad View Post
    When my husband was my boyfriend he paid someone to marry him and she took off with the money. He had come to this country on a 6month visa and over stayed it by about 15yrs. Since we were boyfriend/girlfriend anyway I told him I would marry him so he could get his Greencard because at the time I thought he had deserved it. He received his greencard about 3months ago. This man was not the man I originally thought he was and wanted him out if my life. I no longer thinks he even deserves the greencard which needs to be renewed in 2yrs. I want a divorce he does not live with me. What happens if I file for divorce and he refuses to sign the papers because he doesn't want to lose his greencard or wants to stay married on paper so he can renew his greencard. I don't want to be his worst enemy and have him deported but no longer want to have anything to do with him. I know he will refuse to sign the papers for this reason. What do I do?
    DID YOU SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT??? If you did he can sue you for financial support and HE WILL WIN. Read my fiancé case. A San Francisco judge decided that he has to pay an ex wife $1200 every month for more than 10 years just because he signed her green card application.
    Read it here
    http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/A145181.PDF