free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOS Interview Today!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information regarding my interview today. I brought everything on the list, was fully prepared, and the interview went beautifully.

The interviewer was really nice and polite, looked at our wedding pictures, commented on how nice they looked. Looked at joint utitly bills. Asked us how we met...the usual...but it was a good experience. The only hard part was the hour wait prior to the interview.

Anyway we were approved and i was given the temporary stamp, and should get my green card in 9 months. After which there is a 2 year period and prior to the end i will need to apply to get the condition removed. After that my green card is valid for 10 years and i will also be eligibale for naturalization.

thanks for your help,
    and if there is any additional advice anyone has regarding steps i have to take to be legal here i would love your input!

thanks,
    AMS

Just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information regarding my interview today. I brought everything on the list, was fully prepared, and the interview went beautifully.

The interviewer was really nice and polite, looked at our wedding pictures, commented on how nice they looked. Looked at joint utitly bills. Asked us how we met...the usual...but it was a good experience. The only hard part was the hour wait prior to the interview.

Anyway we were approved and i was given the temporary stamp, and should get my green card in 9 months. After which there is a 2 year period and prior to the end i will need to apply to get the condition removed. After that my green card is valid for 10 years and i will also be eligibale for naturalization.

thanks for your help,
    and if there is any additional advice anyone has regarding steps i have to take to be legal here i would love your input!

thanks,
    AMS

Congratulations on your step towards USC.

Congratulations, I want to hear this more often.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. A question for Mohan. When the passport get stamped, do you then have resident status or do you have to wait until you have the actual greencard in your hand?

You are resident the day You get stamped, Plastice will come in the mail but stamp is enough to travel /in-out.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

We are so happy for you! We seldom hear good news especially in times like this.

first of all thank you so much Mohan for your help

I am having a question here Mohan...
    after my interview the INS stamped my passport put on my alien number but still they sent me a mail later to say that I need a waiver.
    they stamp yr passport even when you are denied I guess what do you think ?

Thank you
    and congratulations to you new green card holder

they stamp the I-551 approved. If you need waiver then they will ask you for the waiver in that case they will not stamp approval stamp. In your case it seems that your I-485 is approvable but you need waiver.