Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Asylum status and Approved I130

Asylum status and Approved I130

Can someone help me?
    I came here on F1 in 2008, kept my status till 2013 to join MAVNI program in Army but got medical leave from there and came back. Applied for reinforcement for F1 but got rejected. then I got information about this lawyer and filed Asylum and now I-130 that I filed on my parents who were permanent resident that time and citizen now got approved. but my lawyer is telling me to go back to my country to get visa interview and saying I cannot do status adjustment here because asylum is not valid status for status adjustment here. this is really confusing and I am lost in confusion. really there is not way I can get my status adjustment here?
    Last edited by valam; 06-02-2016 at 08:22 AM.

If you are not in the Immediate Relative category (spouse, unmarried under-21 child, or parent of US citizen), then you are not eligible for Adjustment of Status if you have ever been out of status in the US. Consular Processing is the only option. However, since Consular Processing involves leaving the US, you need to make sure that it will not trigger an unlawful presence ban. It's not clear whether you have accrued any "unlawful presence" and if so how much have you accrued. You would need to give much more detailed info to determine that.

Alternately, you can wait and see if you get asylum and adjust from that.

Good evening,

Can some one help me!
    Im having couple different problems;
    My husband have 2 dui and 1 domestic
    Husband is fighting for Isylam have order of deportation; he was approve for i130 just waiting for national visa center. We applied for work permits but he getting declined unaware why?

Why do you think he is getting declined that work permits submit like 5 times and no luck,

Another think we tried submit the i130 to the government to remove the deportation but no luck and thought

Return to your own country as was suggested. There are no loopholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn0527 View Post
    Good evening,

Can some one help me!
    Im having couple different problems;
    My husband have 2 dui and 1 domestic
    Husband is fighting for Isylam have order of deportation; he was approve for i130 just waiting for national visa center. We applied for work permits but he getting declined unaware why?

Why do you think he is getting declined that work permits submit like 5 times and no luck,

Another think we tried submit the i130 to the government to remove the deportation but no luck and thought
    On what basis did he try to apply for an EAD? Based on pending asylum for more than 150 days? Or what?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

First we did it with i130and sent in the check for amount 495. Then we receive a letter it was denied for incorrect code or amount so, then we sent with asylum with no payment I also was denied. And I called and told me too send it again that sometime uscis make mistake so I did and i get the same error itís been since August without me getting a EAD, asylum is still pendin with the court untold 2020, unless everything else get approve with the I130

First we did it with i130and sent in the check for amount 495. Then we receive a letter it was denied for incorrect code or amount so, then we sent with asylum with no payment I also was denied. And I called and told me too send it again that sometime uscis make mistake so I did and i get the same error itís been since August without me getting a EAD, asylum is still pendin with the court untold 2020, unless everything else get approve with the I130

Quote Originally Posted by Jn0527 View Post
    An I-130 does not give you any basis to apply for an EAD, so I am not sure what you were trying to do. (A pending I-485 *does* give you a basis (C9) to apply for an EAD for free, but you didn't say you filed I-485.)

If you are applying for an EAD as a pending asylum applicant (C8), you have to make sure the clock has reached 150 days, and there are certain things that will pause the clock.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.