free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOS Interview went well!!!

Me and my wife went to my AOS interview last week and everything went well. We had to wait 1 1/2 hour after our appointment time, but once it was our turn it only took 20 minutes.

We were sworn in and the officer proceeded to ask me the formal questions which are on the forms such as: have you ever committed a crime? Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever used fake documents to enter the United States? and a few other questions. She asked to see both our passports and my I-94 card.

The officer then asked us for the evidence of a joint life together. We gave her: Our lease, our phone bill, our cable bill, our bank statement, my life insurance, copies of tickets from travels together. I also gave her my medical form. That was it. We had also brought all our correspondence for the last two years (!!) and a huge photo album, but she wasn't interested in them. So much for our big suitcase stuffed with evidence!

The officer ended the interview by saying that we would now have to wait for them to run a security clearance on me and that will take 30-90 days, after which I will receive their decision in the mail. She said that she could not foresee any problems.

Thank you Mohan for all your valuable tips. I had filled out an I-864A since my wife who's my petitioner has recently been laid off from work. Everything was in order. Thanks again Mohan for all your help and good luck to everybody. The interview is nothing to be nervous about if you're a legitimate couple.

Steve

Me and my wife went to my AOS interview last week and everything went well. We had to wait 1 1/2 hour after our appointment time, but once it was our turn it only took 20 minutes.

We were sworn in and the officer proceeded to ask me the formal questions which are on the forms such as: have you ever committed a crime? Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever used fake documents to enter the United States? and a few other questions. She asked to see both our passports and my I-94 card.

The officer then asked us for the evidence of a joint life together. We gave her: Our lease, our phone bill, our cable bill, our bank statement, my life insurance, copies of tickets from travels together. I also gave her my medical form. That was it. We had also brought all our correspondence for the last two years (!!) and a huge photo album, but she wasn't interested in them. So much for our big suitcase stuffed with evidence!

The officer ended the interview by saying that we would now have to wait for them to run a security clearance on me and that will take 30-90 days, after which I will receive their decision in the mail. She said that she could not foresee any problems.

Thank you Mohan for all your valuable tips. I had filled out an I-864A since my wife who's my petitioner has recently been laid off from work. Everything was in order. Thanks again Mohan for all your help and good luck to everybody. The interview is nothing to be nervous about if you're a legitimate couple.

Steve

Ok.

Congratulation, steve! As I said I-864A is required To meet the Poverty bar for Member of household even if he worked without authorization.
    You will receive the notice within months and You will get stamp on PP. Don't forget to take all the papers again with you.

Sorry to burst your bubble man,but they told us the same thing after our interview.That was almost a year ago,since then almost nothing.So don't get your hopes too high and just cross your fingers.

Congratulations Steve. As the officer said, everything will be okay with you and soon you will give us next good news that your pp is stamped.
    Good luck.

Steve, where you had your AOS interview? city/state. when you filed for AOS? i.e. your Receipt Date etc. Were you finger-printed before the interview? any other info would be helpful
    Thanks

Dear Guest4:

We filed in Ballston, Virginia. It only took two weeks until we had the notice of receipt in the mail. The notice of receipt had everything in it: date and time for fingerprinting (3 months), date and time to pick up work permit (3 weeks), date and time for interview (9 months). Included in the letter was also my advance parole document. I was impressed by how fast the process was. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    Steve

Steve, thanks alot! You must be "one in a million lucky person" to go thru INS super efficient service well, congrats again. hope you get your approval letter soon.

Just 2 brief questions!
    1.what they have told you if you dont get your approval in mail within 30-90 days?
    2.The approval letter, would it come with the actual GC?
    Your experience will definitely serve to other struggling wannabe-immgrants in the US.

Also, just 1 more;
    did they give you any kind of "Receipt" at the end of interview!!
    Thanks,