50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will my husband and I ever be together?

Wondering if anyone in a similar situation has any advice to offer. My husband and I were married in Cairo last June and started the immigration process in October. His petition was approved, but he has not yet received his visa because the consular said we need a joint sponsor. I had been a college student the last several years and had spent considerable time abroad, so my annual income was not over the guidelines, though during the time I was in the States my income was well over the poverty line.

I was forced to return home this month, as we are expecting a baby and have no health insurance in Egypt. I am now back in the States, making a salary of about $29,000 and am six and half months pregnant. My husband and I miss each other terribly and I desparetly want him to be here for the birth of the baby, but after all these months we still have no joint sponsor. I have contacted, family, friends and strangers , but because most of my friends are students and I do not come from a wealthy family, my options are somewhat limited. We found some people who intially said they would be a joint sponsor and then backed out after reading the paper and feeling they would be financially responsible for my husband for a long time. I called the BCIS and they told me I can't sponsor my husband myself for three years.

I feel I am out of options and I don't know what to do. Neither my husband nor I are able to take care of the baby by ourselves and there is no place that we can live together. My husband is Palestinian and is unable to return to his country due to a travel ban on Palestinian males 15-35. He cannot stay in Egypt legally, as his visa was contigent upon completing the U.S. immigration process and he has no work visa. Short of telling me to ask my friends and family again, does anybody have any advice on how to proceed?

Wondering if anyone in a similar situation has any advice to offer. My husband and I were married in Cairo last June and started the immigration process in October. His petition was approved, but he has not yet received his visa because the consular said we need a joint sponsor. I had been a college student the last several years and had spent considerable time abroad, so my annual income was not over the guidelines, though during the time I was in the States my income was well over the poverty line.

I was forced to return home this month, as we are expecting a baby and have no health insurance in Egypt. I am now back in the States, making a salary of about $29,000 and am six and half months pregnant. My husband and I miss each other terribly and I desparetly want him to be here for the birth of the baby, but after all these months we still have no joint sponsor. I have contacted, family, friends and strangers , but because most of my friends are students and I do not come from a wealthy family, my options are somewhat limited. We found some people who intially said they would be a joint sponsor and then backed out after reading the paper and feeling they would be financially responsible for my husband for a long time. I called the BCIS and they told me I can't sponsor my husband myself for three years.

I feel I am out of options and I don't know what to do. Neither my husband nor I are able to take care of the baby by ourselves and there is no place that we can live together. My husband is Palestinian and is unable to return to his country due to a travel ban on Palestinian males 15-35. He cannot stay in Egypt legally, as his visa was contigent upon completing the U.S. immigration process and he has no work visa. Short of telling me to ask my friends and family again, does anybody have any advice on how to proceed?

please, can anyone advise!

To Dawn:
    I am really moved to read your story. Now you have a job $29000 annual, so you can submit job letter from your employer and as proof copies of your Pay stub or checks etc. In addition to that you should try to get a Job offer for your husband from some company or Store, wherein it is stated that as soon your husband will enter the United States and will be legally authorized to work, he will be employed in that company/Store. In the job offer, annual proposed salary and position has to be mentioned and it has to Notarized. There should not be any problem with these papers.
    God bless you and may join your family asap.

Don't u think the job offer need to be approved by labour department? I mean labour certification.

To abc:
    Her husband is coming her on marriage basis, so this job offer will just help to me poverty guidelines for Affidavit of Support.
    If he was coming on Employment based Visa only then that had to be approved by Labor Department.

Thanks for the advice. I was under the impression I would not be eligible until I showed an annual tax return exceeding 125% of the poverty line. I will take your advice and try it from this angle. Thanks again.

Perhaps he could come in on a work or student visa?

Anyway, he should at least check with Egyptian Authorities to know what he should do if unable to complete the US immigration process in a timely fashion.

You now make enough money to sponsor him. Please contact me at info@myronmorales.com for more information.

TO DAWN:

Some of the posters over here have posted wrong advises in yr case since you can not use your husband's presumed job offer or salary anything like that in order to file a affidavit of support. Law requires that the only income you can use for this purpose is of a u.s.citizen or a p.resident, and since your husband is not a p.resident yet, you would not able to include him as a sponsor to himself.

However, you do not need any more joint sponsors since you are making enough money over the established poverty line and you would be able to furnish that affidavit yourself. Nevertheless, it requires you to submit the income tax-returns for the last 3 yrs, but since you just have started to work under this salary,then obviously you would have any tax return, so in this situation, you need to explain to them in a letter that due to studying, you have no income for the last yrs or have little income where you were not required to pay taxes, and if you did have income (whatever)in the past then you need a copies of tax-return on that alongwith the proof of yr current income. You can submit copies of pay-stubs for 6 weeks, a letter from your employer indicating the nature of yr work, how long you are working there, how much is yr annual salary and whether yr job is permanent or not. This would be enough.

I do understand why others backed out on you for joint sponsorship, since if ever yr husband goes on welfare or sought out a public help from the govt, then govt. will collect that help from the sponsor and this responsibilities would be valid until yr husband becomes a us citizen. You do not need a copy of tax-return alone to prove your income, if you have then it is plus and if not then no problem, but should come up with other as i have said earlier. Good luck.