free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Waiting for N-400 processing SINCE 1998... wth

Hello,
    Hope it's the right place - pls help. I've been in US (legal permanent resident) for 12 years now, and my N-400/Naturalization case is in "process" since 1998.

Oh yes, SINCE 1998. I have completed all the paperwork, every requirement, fees, blah blah, even the history exam/test - the ONLY step left is the Oath.

My exam was this past november, so I'm thinking, well, finally. But month go buy, I call, I right... nothing. Instructions to wait, once again.

In the meantime the relatives back home are getting older and I NEED a US passport to travel and return safely....

Anyway - get a letter yesterday, saying that "so sorry - due to current ABCENCE OF STANDARD PROCESSES IN PLACE, WE CAN NOT PROCEED WITH YOUR CASE AT THE MOMENT".

WTF DOES THAT MEAN??? How ******** long do I wait once again? All I have to do is go to the Oath Ceremony! I have a letter saying that!!

Please help - running out of time and patience; advice, anyone?..
    Should I get an attorney? any similar situations out there?

Hello,
    Hope it's the right place - pls help. I've been in US (legal permanent resident) for 12 years now, and my N-400/Naturalization case is in "process" since 1998.

Oh yes, SINCE 1998. I have completed all the paperwork, every requirement, fees, blah blah, even the history exam/test - the ONLY step left is the Oath.

My exam was this past november, so I'm thinking, well, finally. But month go buy, I call, I right... nothing. Instructions to wait, once again.

In the meantime the relatives back home are getting older and I NEED a US passport to travel and return safely....

Anyway - get a letter yesterday, saying that "so sorry - due to current ABCENCE OF STANDARD PROCESSES IN PLACE, WE CAN NOT PROCEED WITH YOUR CASE AT THE MOMENT".

WTF DOES THAT MEAN??? How ******** long do I wait once again? All I have to do is go to the Oath Ceremony! I have a letter saying that!!

Please help - running out of time and patience; advice, anyone?..
    Should I get an attorney? any similar situations out there?

That indicates that you may have a serious problem.

Either you did something (you should have some idea what) or were associated with others who did something (which you may have no idea about) that has created a problem with your naturalization.

Or, Immigration does not have the correct documents for you or other record problems. Since you have been in the US for only twelve years, this isn't as likely as if you had come as an immigrant back in 1912.

Or, You filed for naturalization based on an obscure section of law.

Things you can do: File a FOIA request, get a lawyer, or contact your Congressperson. This may not help if your records are classified (a possibility in the first situation).

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Hi! Nadaya:

Hi! Nadaya:

I need to ask you, where are you located first of all.
    I have worked for 22 years in this field I can help you.

1. You have been LPR for 12years, during this time How many times you have visited India.?
    2. How many months in a visit you stayed in your home country?

3. When you have completed all the paper work for your citizenship?
    4. YOU DO NOT NEED AN ATTORNEY.

India??

Why would I go to India

To claruify - I am NOT Indian, or Muslim (I know, the first name can be deceiving).

Also, I have not let country after my entry into US. Just being a good tax-paying person here ever since.