publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Did not appear for Special registration..what happens now?

i was born in one of the country required special registration. my LIFE/Lulac application pending but i did not do the special register, because i am also a canadian citizen. will it be a problem when i go for the interview?

can anybody help with this please!

thanks

i was born in one of the country required special registration. my LIFE/Lulac application pending but i did not do the special register, because i am also a canadian citizen. will it be a problem when i go for the interview?

can anybody help with this please!

thanks

most likely not.

A dilemma which will surely come up for the government in this context is the nationality of dual citizens. The current operative definition of "national" in the Special Registration Circus appears to be "country of birth." In the dual citizenship context, particularly with our neighbors - Mexico and Canada - this may raise novel issues. Our copy of Black's Law Dictionary says that the term "national" is broader than the term "citizen" when used in the phrase "national of the United States." One thing is clear - developments in this area of immigration law may be just beginning.
    http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?q=...413#3406052413
    Evryting I predick wit speshull regestrashun cume true. I tink they use that u doan go aganst you and it reezun to deport you if dey want. stay owt of trubble!

like to know more about this issue! if any body know about this or has personal experience with this, please share with us.

thanks

I am assuming that you entered the U.S. without inspection. If you did, then legally you are not required to go to the registration. I know, that sounds weird, but if you read the registration regs, they apply to people that entered the U.S. after having been inspected.

No one is required to register by now. Sleep quiet -- Special Registration was a stupidity that is now over.

i know lot of people did not register regardless of whether they were inspected at the port of entry or not, or whether they have application pending or not. Now questions is:

1. what the autherity will do about the people who did not register?

2. people with pending application should appear in the interview?

3. people with duel citizenship (with one of the country deosn't required sp. reg.)who has pending application but did not register, should appear in the interview?

thanks

No problem