publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: UMESH!, anyone Help Me - Affidavit of support - Which one ?

Currently, there are 2 versions of the affidavit of Support

1) - Form I-134 (short form version)
    2) - Form I-864 (long form version)

My situation is this:

My wife filed both a I-130, and I-129F (K3) Petition on my behalf. We contracted the services of an Attorney to file the documents for us. We recently got approval for the I-129F(K-3). He sent us some documents which we will need for the Interview at the Overseas consulate. The package contained a filled out, notarised copy of the Affidavit of Support signed by my Wife. This is the short form version (I-134). I read online where the Long form version (I-864)of this is required for the Interview. Did our attorney screw up?

Currently, there are 2 versions of the affidavit of Support

1) - Form I-134 (short form version)
    2) - Form I-864 (long form version)

My situation is this:

My wife filed both a I-130, and I-129F (K3) Petition on my behalf. We contracted the services of an Attorney to file the documents for us. We recently got approval for the I-129F(K-3). He sent us some documents which we will need for the Interview at the Overseas consulate. The package contained a filled out, notarised copy of the Affidavit of Support signed by my Wife. This is the short form version (I-134). I read online where the Long form version (I-864)of this is required for the Interview. Did our attorney screw up?

May be that was an oversight at Attorney's office. You will need I-864 long Form and your wife will have to send last 3 years Income Tax Returns, Job letter and Bank letter with I-864.
    Good luck.

My wife has already sent me Tax returns for past 3 years (2002, 2001, 2000). she also sent me some W-2 forms, along with a letter from her work place. She did not send me Bank Statements. Is this an absolute requirement during the Interview?

I'm getting to be a little Nervous now. I mean, how could our Attorney send us the wrong document for the Affidavit of support? And he wont speak to us further unless we pay him a further fee.

You do not have to worry. It is just an oversight. If you wife can not sent I-864 by that time, then you should go with this short Form Affidavit of Support for interview. If they won't accept it then they will ask you to file I-864 and you can go there any day to file that.
    In the meantime, you can ask your wife to fill I-864 and ask her Bank to issue Consular Letter. Then she can send it to you by Courier and may be you will receive it before your interview date. You already have her 3 year Tax Returns and Job letter with W-2s.
    Good luck.

YOu are saying that the Letter from the bank is an absolute must? My wife do have an account, but the balance is not much (less than US$2000). Her salary is Above the Poverty Line though. does she still need the Bank Statement?