50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Pending asylum applicant's spouse, do I need to register? help Pls

My wife applied for asylum but it was a little late so now we are expecting a 1 year bar hearing so the application has been pending for more than 1 year. The reason is because of my wife mental condition. Now that I found out that my country of origin is also included in group 4 for special registration, I feel confused. Do I have to register? I read the regulation from the INS website stated that if you had your application pending on Jan 16 2003, I need not to apply. I am confused because the primary case is my wife's case and we're in United states when we applied together in the same application(1 application only). We both get the same hearing notice on each name everytime we went to the court. What is my status at this time (an asylum applicant or an asylum applicant's spouse ?), could anybody please give me advice on this. This make me cannot sleep and worry all the time. Please help me please, thank you

My wife applied for asylum but it was a little late so now we are expecting a 1 year bar hearing so the application has been pending for more than 1 year. The reason is because of my wife mental condition. Now that I found out that my country of origin is also included in group 4 for special registration, I feel confused. Do I have to register? I read the regulation from the INS website stated that if you had your application pending on Jan 16 2003, I need not to apply. I am confused because the primary case is my wife's case and we're in United states when we applied together in the same application(1 application only). We both get the same hearing notice on each name everytime we went to the court. What is my status at this time (an asylum applicant or an asylum applicant's spouse ?), could anybody please give me advice on this. This make me cannot sleep and worry all the time. Please help me please, thank you

In short! YES

it sdays clearly on the specail registration webpage on the INS website!

SINCE U HAVE ASSYLUM CASE PENDING U ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO REGISTER. INS WEB SITE IS VERY CLEAR. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY U ARE CONFUSED. UR WIFE BEING FEMALE MORE OVER HER ASSYLUM IS PENDING TOO THEREFORE SHE TOO NEED NOT GO FOR REGISTRATION. RELAX OK

I received 2 reply, 1 from Casio who said that I must register, the other one is Dominik that said I dont have to. My wife applied the asylum oct 2001 and I filled out my information also and sign in the same application. We're in the US at that moment. Am I being considered as an Asylum Applicant or just the spouse of an applicant? I am a chinese descent and not Muslim. Please help me please

Special Registration of certain individuals from certain countries at U.S. ports of entry continues. Those visitors already in the U.S. who were registered at a port of entry on or after September 11, 2002 are still subject to Special Registration procedures required at their time of entry and during their stay in the U.S.
    SPECIAL REGISTRATION GROUPS AND PROCEDURES

Who Must Register ?

If you are in the category you must register at a designated INS Office .
    If you are a male born on or before February 24, 1987, and

If you were inspected by the INS and last admitted to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant on or before September 30, 2002

If you did not have an application for asylum pending on January 16, 2003, and

If you will be in the U.S. at least until March 28, 2003.

According to the above you have to have your application pending. its your wifes application. If you also applied for Asylum (sending your finger print, photograph, and all other requirements) the you don't have to register, if you are only a beneficiary of alien seeking asylum then you have to register.

Thank you for your reply very much.
    Every requirement of INS for my wife like finger print, go to court, receiving court paper are also done by me together with my wife. The case is my wife's case and I also the one who directed her to apply due to her mental condition. Will this clear my condition? I have every paper from the court like the hearing notice etc on each of our names separately. Please help me on this because I am really afraid if I have to leave my wife alone. Thank you so much,

In mental health condition cases The order and other paperwork is handled by the close relatives.As I said , if you filled the same application with your information also on it and also said that you are in US, then you don,t have to register.