free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Card on the basis of Asylum

I need advise about one friend of mine. He got CG on the basis of Asylum in his country. Since now he has received green card as asylee, can he travel to is country for which he had applied for ayslam on the basis of fear of procecution in his country. Pleas give me your valuable advise. Mohan and Umesh your comments will be highly apprciated. Thank you.

I need advise about one friend of mine. He got CG on the basis of Asylum in his country. Since now he has received green card as asylee, can he travel to is country for which he had applied for ayslam on the basis of fear of procecution in his country. Pleas give me your valuable advise. Mohan and Umesh your comments will be highly apprciated. Thank you.

No not at all. If he proceeds his Assylum may be cancelled for ever.

NO he cannot travel to the country he apply asylum from. infact he will have or should have stamp on his travel document( if he dont have origional passport) " not Valid To travel to XXXX country"
    If he travel he will have problem from both sides. His Asylum will be canceled and the government of his country will procecute him based on his asylum.

I am not clear what u said, if a person being assylee travels back to his home country will be prosecuted by home country. Please explain why?

Why would he want to go back to the country that he fears persecution. If he does then his claim of asylum is null.

Personally I would never go back to my country for the simple fact that I would be killed.

Lets say you got asylum, that you was percecuted in the past by XYZ country and will get fear of percecution if you return. you will be allowed to live in US ,can travel to other part of the world but you will not be allowed to travel back to the XYZ country.( if you used your origional passport to get asylum then INS will stamp the bar country, if not then new travel document will be issued to you and it will stamp "not valid for travel to XYZ country")
    if you travel to XYZ country , you will have Port of entry stamp on your travel document. there will be stamp that will say you have refugee status in this country. the XYZ country will know that you applied for asylum( trouble starts there).
    when you return, you are returning from XYZ country (in case you are allowed to return), at the port of entry you will be bared as your fear of percution are lifted from XYZ country.

And that goes to say that that person will never ever set foot in his/her home country? What sense does it make then that you tried so hard to get the green card -- isn't the green card (American passport) a means to freedom? Or is it a means to prison?

NO.. Once asylee get his citizenship.. not only alien can put his feet but whole himself. till then.. you are barred.
    I know many cases Regarding INDIA. aliens get asylum go then travel toNear country NEpal and go from their train OR bus. But these days they also got caught and cannot come back to US..

thank u Mohan for explaination. I meant that a person gets assylum in USA due to the persecution by a particular group in his home country and not by that state. After a considerable period of time that particular group is eliminated by the assylee's home country government. Now because of change in that country the assylee has no fear of persecution, so in that case if the assylee travels back to his home country u think his status of being PR of USA is affected or other wise.