free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: cuban green card question

cuban green card question

Came to USA via airline in 1973 have my Cuban Birth certificate, have passaport have SSI have a copy of my green card given to me at that time. But since then I've lost the original card plus I just learned its expired. I have not needed the card until now. Want to go on a cruise. Question is. Can I just apply for a new card on line. Or would it be better if I went to see an imigration officer ? Since I don't have the original card I do have a photo copy of it ...And I was 15 when I arrived to USA. I am 54 now.
    Thank you ! All advise will be apreciated

Quote Originally Posted by globev View Post
    Came to USA via airline in 1973 have my Cuban Birth certificate, have passaport have SSI have a copy of my green card given to me at that time. But since then I've lost the original card plus I just learned its expired. I have not needed the card until now. Want to go on a cruise. Question is. Can I just apply for a new card on line. Or would it be better if I went to see an imigration officer ? Since I don't have the original card I do have a photo copy of it ...And I was 15 when I arrived to USA. I am 54 now.
    Thank you ! All advise will be apreciated
    Once you apply for a new card with I-90, you can go into your local USCIS office and get an I-551 stamp as proof of permanent residency in the meantime.

Ok thank you. I went ahead and made an appt with my USCIS office in a couple of weeks. I will take everything I have with me. My Cuban Birth certificate, the copies of my green card given to me at the time I came to the USA copy of my SS card. And my passport, drivers lisence etc. I am not really wanting to do the on line thing , might be better to do it in person. Thank you very much !!!
    I understand as a Cuban immigrant I have legal residency forever, but the card has to be renewed . Doesn't mean my residency has expired. But the card has..If I understand what I've read about it on line.