free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about i129 f

Does anyone know how long will it take after filing for i 129 f?
    It's been 6 months since i applied.

Does anyone know how long will it take after filing for i 129 f?
    It's been 6 months since i applied.

where did you apply to?

My husband's 129F took a little more than 6 months. The notice of action listed 6 months as the maximum, so when the 6 months were up, I called, and couldn't get a live person. At that point, I called the national number and they said there wasn't anything I could do. About a week later I checked the online case status and it had been approved. It took a long time to get the letter in the mail, though, so I recommend checking online on a regular basis.

Hi guys i applied i 129 f for my fiancee with texas service center on oct.27 2002, but they haven't send anything except the receipt the sent when i submitted. I wonder if there is a way to contact the bcis. It's unfair that they don't serve their citizens as they supposed and it's unprofessional.
    keberoo

TO JENMN

Hi guys i applied i 129 f for my fiancee with texas service center on oct.27 2002, but they haven't send anything except the receipt the sent when i submitted. I wonder if there is a way to contact the bcis. It's unfair that they don't serve their citizens as they supposed and it's unprofessional.
    keberoo

Hi and good luck,

what is the site or where do you go to see the status of your case??

thanks

good luck
    God Bless

Update on Service Center delays

Seems the INS is trying to hide the real reasons for the K visa processing delays. While they are implementing new security checking operations, the real reason is that they are giving priority to the adjudication of I-765 applications and I-821 applications filed by TPS applicants from El Salvador, Nicaraguans and Hondurans. TPS is "Temporary Protected Status." TPS provides nationals of certain regions or nationalities residing in the United States a temporary stay of removal and work authorization due to armed conflict or other extraordinary conditions in their home country.

The Texas Service Center has completely shut down K visa processing, but claims they will be resuming those cases in about 30 days.

The California Service Center is giving priority to the TPS cases until the mandated May 9th. deadline, but are still processing a few K visa cases. They claim a shortage of case workers.

The Nebraska Service Center is just overloaded with I-765 and other cases with mandated priority. They also suffer a shortage of case workers.

Apparently the INS has been silent about this as others suffering the delays would be outraged if they discovered the truth. It's bad enough that K visa taxpayers not only suffer the financial burden, but also the delays while these TPS cases get priority I-765 work permit processing in an economy where unemployment is already 6% and not going to get better very soon.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...eck-status.htm

MY CASE WAS FILED AT A SERVICE CENTER:

There are two ways to obtain the status of your case:

1. You may find the status of your case by writing to that Center. Your letter should include the following:

-Applicant's or petitioner's A-Number (8 or 9 digit number following the letter "A");

-Applicant's or petitioner's current legal name and, if different, the name as it appears on the application;

-Applicant's or petitioner's date of birth;
    Type of application and form number;

-Applicant's or petitioner's receipt number, if the applicant received one

-Approximate date and office with which the application was filed; and

-Office where interviewed, if applicable.

-Sign the request, or if you are preparing the request for someone else, have the applicant or petitioner sign the request.

2. You may also obtain the status of your case by calling "INS Direct" at the Service Center where you filed your case. After filing an application or petition with a Service Center, applicants and petitioners receive a receipt that includes a receipt number. You will need this receipt number when you call "INS Direct". In addition to case information, "INS Direct" provides information on Service Center mailing addresses, hours, jurisdictions, and forms.

The telephone numbers are:

California Service Center: (949) 831-8427

Nebraska Service Center: (402) 323-7830

Texas Service Center: (214) 381-1423

Vermont Service Center: (802) 527-3160

MY CASE WAS FILED AT A SERVICE CENTER BUT MY LAST CONTACT WAS WITH A LOCAL INS OFFICE:

Contact the local office directly, rather than the Service Center (for example, if you received a notice to appear for interview at a local INS office or you were interviewed at that location).

MY CASE WAS FILED AT A LOCAL INS OFFICE:

You must write to that INS office, ATTN: Status Inquiry. You will find the local office addresses on the INS Field Offices website. Your letter should include the following:

-Applicant's or petitioner's A-Number (8 or 9 digit number following the letter "A");

-Applicant's or petitioner's current legal name and, if different, the name as it appears on the application;

-Applicant's or petitioner's date of birth;
    Type of application and form number;

-Applicant's or petitioner's receipt number, if the applicant received one;

-Approximate date and office with which the application was filed; and

-Office where interviewed, if applicable.

-Sign the request, or if you are preparing the request for someone else, have the applicant or petitioner sign the request.

http://www.immigration.com/

Look under "Processing Times and Status Checks" in the right hand column and then click (Second line from the bottom) "INS On line Status Check."

You will have to have the 13-character application receipt number though to be able to check your status. This can be found on application notices you have received from the BCIS.

Good Luck and Hopes This Helps!